Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 04:26 PM

shiloh got savegly attacked on walk today

took shiloh for his walk this morning as chey went with dad got over to the fields was having a lovely walk and talk shiloh bent down sniffing the grass and all of a sudden a rottweiler smashed straight into shilohs side bowling him over it didnt half frighten the cobs of me as i bent down to see if shiloh was alright this bloody dog had a another go at him really trying to bite him but this time shiloh stood his ground and i dont blame him this other dog ment buisness it was snarly growling and litterally going for shiloh well all i could do was to unleash shiloh cos he couldnt defend himself and there was no way i was letting shiloh get hurt shiloh bent his head down and charged straight at the dogs side with his head just as if he was rounding sheep up the dog fell over but got back up and came at shiloh again but this time shiloh had grabbed the dog by the throat and shook him like a rag dog i was looking round for the owner but no owner in sight then i could here him calling his dog at this time shiloh is still ragging this dog shiloh let go and the other dog backed of i was just about to hitch shiloh back up and this dog came at shiloh again but shiloh was to quick and butted the dog again and this time he went of running yelping,im sorry if anyone thinks i did wrong but letting shiloh of lead but there was no way i was letting my boy get hurt this is the second time this week my boys have been set upon and by the same dog according to the owner he said his dog is not aggresive but im sorry after what i saw today the dog should of been on lead not running around,anyway ive checked shiloh and no harm done to him its frightened me now to take the boys out just incase it happens again i dont like dogs fighting at all but shiloh had to defend himself
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 04:28 PM
No jen i would have done the same at least he stood a better chance of at least making a run for it or standing his ground as he saw fit that other bloke needs reporting and BIG HUGS to Shiloh for being so brave - so much for doing the breed rep some good that bloke needs locking up!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 04:31 PM
aww thanks mutthouse i felt bad letting shiloh of but he had no chance of defending himself and i wasnt just going to let this other dog fight him i had words with this fella the other day after his dog snapped at chey and he did carry a muzzle when on his next walk but not to day i couldnt see him anywhere
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 04:34 PM
OMG - that blows our previous theories out of the water then that there was jealousy afoot. What a fright you must have got. I think you did that right thing letting Shiloh off the lead and well done to him for standing up to the dog.

Glad to hear Shiloh is okay - sending him big hugs for you to deliver... (and some for you too - what a week you are having)
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 04:35 PM
You did completely right Jen, good on you. Well done to Shiloh for defending himself so bravely. Is there no way you can report this idiot and his dog? Big hugs to Shiloh from Cassie. xx
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Jeez... bless your hearts wot a horrible experience, i`m glad it turned out ok. Give Shiloh hugs from me..
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-10-2006, 04:37 PM
Sounds to me like the bloke needs to keep a better check on his dog, thats the kinda owner thats giving the breed it's current problems. Glad your dog came through it without any injuries. Musta been pretty scary experience for you too.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 04:37 PM
Poor Shiloh

Lets hope this man keeps his dog on a lead now.

{{{hugs}}} to you & Shiloh x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-10-2006, 04:38 PM
I think it was the right thing to do at least he could do what he did defend himself or take flight,where did you get the courage Jen I would of been a nervous wreck.That man needs reporting his dog is obvioulsy dog aggressive.
(((Hugs))) to shiloh and licks from Ollie.
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Well done, Jen,

The main thing is Shiloh is ok and (not being horrible) but the other dog started it in the first place.

Regards

Jill
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »