View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 08:57 AM
Thanks for sharing that. I do feel though that those who dislike the birds and claim they take lambs etc will still feel the same way, but for more open minded people, it is great xxxx

My book arrived, I do not get much chance to read but have read the first few pages and I know I will enjoy it. Thanks for the recommendation xxx
He mentions a wildlife film/documentary he did, I would be interested in that also.
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Good point. Some people are very fact resistant. Plenty of anecdotes, but as I mentioned in my first post, we need to see numbers. If they will take puppies, the solution is to be outside with them.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
Thanks for sharing that. I do feel though that those who dislike the birds and claim they take lambs etc will still feel the same way, but for more open minded people, it is great xxxx

My book arrived, I do not get much chance to read but have read the first few pages and I know I will enjoy it. Thanks for the recommendation xxx
He mentions a wildlife film/documentary he did, I would be interested in that also.
Hubby isn't convinced by the article or research and so I can see us having another good healthy debates over it

Glad you are enjoying what little you have read of the book so far. I have a few of his wildlife films, but unfortunately you can only get them on VHS now (and I don't have a video player anymore) If you like, I can PM you Mike's address and he can let you know which of the videos he has left.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by Labman View Post
Good point. Some people are very fact resistant. Plenty of anecdotes, but as I mentioned in my first post, we need to see numbers. If they will take puppies, the solution is to be outside with them.
You can't be outside with ewes and lambs 24/7 though???
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
By the way, Moobli is my favourite of all Mike's books, followed by Out of the Wild and Last Wild Years. If you do enjoy the Eagle book and decide to try some others, definitely have plenty of tissues ready for Moobli! It makes me weep every time I read it, and I have read it quite a number of times now!

Ripsnorter also loves Moobli (the book, not me )
You're very nice, but the book is the best ever!!!!!

Must turf out my copy and have another read!
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 12:21 PM
I am all for it! We were the ones that drove them out in the first place and its only right we put them back. I think the losses will be made up by the boost to the local economy and may help the farmers in the long run to make extra income.

Also it mentions they take birds as well as fish so i wonder what impact they would have on pigeons? Anything that decreases there number would be a good thing
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Hubby isn't convinced by the article or research and so I can see us having another good healthy debates over it

Glad you are enjoying what little you have read of the book so far. I have a few of his wildlife films, but unfortunately you can only get them on VHS now (and I don't have a video player anymore) If you like, I can PM you Mike's address and he can let you know which of the videos he has left.
That would be great, thanks I can also tell him how fab his book is, when I have finished it as I know I am going to get great enjoyment out of it xxxxxxxxxx
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3