Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rubythebeagle
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by gemsoph View Post
hi everyone im new to the site, i mated my dog yesterday and they got tyed, my bitch is on heat! Does this mean she is certainly going to get pregnant? ty gemma
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I would think so.

did you plan to mate the dogs?
yes i want her to have 1 litter its like thats what she needs as she keeps having fantom pregnancys after each season. I was there when they mated and tryed to clam both dogs. my bitch was yelping as if it was hurting and when they both seperated the males manhood was still really big it hadnt gone down while inside my dog. My dog is still bleeding is this the time they can get pregnant? And how will i know if she is having pups? ty
claireanddaisy i didnt delibrerately mated my bitch, i didnt no untill today that she was in season as i had not seen any blood spotting or anything untill today thats when i started worrying and joined this forum for ADVISE not to be bullied, i love my dog tyvm and wouldnt want anything to happen to her. There was nothing i could do once the 2 dogs were tyed as it is impossible to seperate them. Thanks for your advise morganstar i admit i am unexperienced and just want help.
Hmmmmmmm ive read this post with interest.

I have no advise to give as i have never bred a dog, but i just wanted to highlight a few things.

Seems to me that the op cant seem to decide whether she ment to mate this dog or not I can see this turning into a 20 page plus post that goes back an fourth without any outcome.

Sorry rant over
gemsoph
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-05-2010, 01:33 PM
my dog is bullmastiff and so is my mums, are there any bullmastiff breeders here?
gyalis_star
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Luchi View Post
This is one reason why the rescue centres are full up, and why so many healthy dogs are put to sleep each week.

We do not need hapless people to breed dogs, we need experienced people who know what they are doing so that all puppies have the best possible chance of living a long and happy life with one owner.

Many breeds have inherrent health problems, especially large breeds, crossing two unknown dogs can actually intensify these problems.

Why not take a trip to Battersea, or another rescue organisation, take a look at the hundreds of unwanted Bull Breeds, puppies included.
what i ment by hapless person was at the start of our chosen breeds lines they are all made through selective breeding by sum person hundreds if not thousands of years ago who was definatly not a profesional i no all about the problem with bully breeds which is y i am reluctant to breed my pup in the 1st place.
gyalis_star
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
but such things are not achieved, from unplanned matings, where no health tests have been done..with no responsible reason for breeding .
that is true the dogs may have unseen problems which is why we check
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 01:38 PM
my dog is bullmastiff and so is my mums, are there any bullmastiff breeders here?
Your Bullmastiff should have been at the very least, hipscored prior to breeding. They are known for carrying 'Water/Walrus puppies' and can have alsorts of problems giving birth.

My best advise is you have her spayed, I personally wouldn't wait you are totally unprepared for a possible Bullmastiff pregnancy.
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 01:39 PM
Agree with most of whats been said, get the miss-mate jab, and get your bitch spayed, or do the research into neccesary health tests for your breed etc.

I've not bred myself, but have seen the work and money that goes into a litter, it's not for the faint hearted!

Welcome to Dogsey by the Way!
gemsoph
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Does anyone no of any good books, websites on bullmastiffs? ty
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by gyalis_star View Post
i am reluctant to breed my pup in the 1st place.
I should hope so - your profile says you have a brown and white PIT.

These are illegal banned dogs.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

How dare you call me a bully! You stated quite clearly that you intended to mate your dog. Then you ask an internet forum what the signs of pregnancy are!
Don`t call people names unless you are prepared to back it up. I am going to report your name-calling so I suggest you don`t do it again.
gyalis_star
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
What do breeds do you yourself breed?
i personally have not breed any dogs my pups only 1 yr 1 month but ive been around dogs that have had many litters helped my dads gsd give birth to 2 litters with no complications 3 staff litters umm quite a few come to think of it the 1 thing ive noticed it that a pup will always die in the 1st litter usually through the mothers in experience
Page 7 of 24 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »