Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by SBT View Post
Here are some sections of the DDA wich I hope help, and bye the way I like your web site

Identification of types of specially controlled dogs
The pit bull terrier is the most common of the four types of controlled dog. It is
currently estimated that there are about 10,000 in the UK and a detailed description of
the type was sent to Chief Officers on 26 July. The posters sent to all force headquarters
on 2 August give a further indication of the typical size and range of colouring of pit bull
terriers. However, it is recognised that identification of pit bull terriers is not
straightforward and it may be most easily confused with the Staffordshire bull terrier,
which is smaller.
And therein lies my argument. Especially the last line.I have quite a leggy Stafford and have seen some taller and bigger built than him.

Thanks for the comment about Ossie's site.

Sal.I agree that we tend to follow suit with Europe,but even more worrying is the fact that some states in America have banned The Stafford,and if Blair and his cronies run true to form,they will blindly follow the lead of the Yanks.
SBT
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-01-2007, 09:25 PM
The point I am making is that the wording, However, it is recognised that identification of pit bull terriers is not
straightforward and it may be most easily confused with the Staffordshire bull terrier,
which is smaller.

it is clear that a Staffordshire bull terrier is not in any way classed as a so called dangerous breed but yes you do need to prove the dog is not a so called pit bull type if there was an accusation, and that could be difficult.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2