Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 11:08 AM

Is another season possible so soon?

Dita comes in season extremely regular. Ever since her first season as a pup you have been able to set your watch by her. She's almost 4 now and her last season came a bit by surprise as her season started 2 weeks early. She had a full normal season.

It has now been about 7 weeks since she came out of season and the last few days Angel (my male) has been going nuts doing the whole dribbling down himself when she wee's thing, following her around and constantly trying to hump her, which she isn't taking kindly to.

She is fine in herself, eating and drinking as normal, there is as yet no swelling to indicate a season is imminent and there is no blood or any other form of discharge.

So the question is: Is it possible she is preparing to come back into season so soon?

Sorry for the long post.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 11:16 AM
If he does not normally behave this way to her and there have been no other bitches in season around I would be getting her to the vets for a check up. He can obviously smell something you cannot.

Having had a Pyo scare with my bitch (with no indications she was ill) - I would be wanting to rule that out ASAP.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 11:39 AM
I would want to rule out pyo as well, but perhaps she is kicking in with a false pregnancy and the hormones are switching him on,whatever hope you get it sorted easily
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Thanks guys have got her booked in for tomorrow.

That was why I decided to ask on here Tassle because at first I didn't think too much of it as she is 'well' but then having just read the other thread on pyo and seeing that some people have had no indications it got me thinking and just wanted to check whether it is possible for it to be just be another season before rushing in and making myself look daft.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Yep get it checked out. It was my boys behaving like this after one of my bitches was in season that found out she had womb infection.
Becky
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by angelmist View Post
Thanks guys have got her booked in for tomorrow.

That was why I decided to ask on here Tassle because at first I didn't think too much of it as she is 'well' but then having just read the other thread on pyo and seeing that some people have had no indications it got me thinking and just wanted to check whether it is possible for it to be just be another season before rushing in and making myself look daft.
I think the saying is better safe than sorry!!
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I think the saying is better safe than sorry!!
Well I won't argue with that!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Well I won't argue with that!
Could also be an ovarian cyst, it makes them smell like they are in season.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Could also be an ovarian cyst, it makes them smell like they are in season.
Is there anything they can do for something like that or is it something they would just leave like they would in a human?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Is there anything they can do for something like that or is it something they would just leave like they would in a human?
If the vet opens the dog up and finds one he will no doubt recommend a total spay to prevent a possible pyo.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >