Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

02-09-2010, 09:06 PM

Nellie, English Bull Terrier X, DOB 05

Nellie, English Bull Terrier X, DOB 05

Homing Requirements: Nellie would like a bull breed experienced owner who is happy to love her and she them. She meets most dogs well outside and probably has lived with another as she was found with another. More concerned in the presence of men, but does relax once her nerves are put aside

Her Story: Nellie was found tied to a railing on a busy A road with another dog. She had been through Battersea and was chipped and found to be spayed, but there was no response from the chip details. Nellie is so lovely and would suit English Bull fan very nicely!
Advert: Nellie is coping with being in rescue, but really desires to be in a home. She is obviously out of kilter, but enjoying any time she has outside her kennel and proving very loving and a rescue favourite. She is settling in kennels, but is a little guardy in this strange environment. Nellie is the size of an English Bull terrier, but slightly longer in the body perhaps.

Nellie is in quite good condition, walks well on the lead and travels well in the car. Her feel in English Bull and we have come to truly adore this breed from the experience we have had of them. Beautiful head on her with loving beady eyes that hit your soul and swell your heart.

"Please note this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: We are a rescue finding dogs their forever homes. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

19-09-2010, 08:37 PM
An update from Ali (one of our volunteers):

"Nellie is coming along so well now. She is now more likely to bounce and bark asking to go for a walk if she knows you which is really nice to see. Treats are still the way to her heart.

She has seemed to be far more nervous of men than women so on Saturday I took the opportunity to introduce her to Guy a new walker who loves the breed. All went well and she was quite relaxed.

Some more pics ...

Try and ignore my silly face ops:

Ok - you seem nice - I will be your friend too:

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

12-10-2010, 09:31 PM
An update from Lynne on Nellie:

"Mellie Nellie oh so mellow! Today the harness came off..she is happy to see people now she doesn't have to have a harness on all the time. She is a delight and walks through the kennels wanting to say hello to everyone.

Here is Nellie enjoying the paddock photographed from every which way. I failed to get a photo of Nellie's belly which she liberally presents to you if you seem at all interested. But its there for you to come experience because it is a very special belly!

Isn't she lovely!

Nellie is currently in boarding kennels and available for fostering until her forever home comes along.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2010, 05:28 PM
I walked Nellie today and she's a lovely girl - pulled a bit to begin with but soon calmed down. Didn't get many photos, just this snap from her kennel.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-11-2010, 10:52 PM
An update from one of our kennel walking volunteers@

"Nellie was my second walk today and was very good when a small off lead terrier wanted to say hello. I tried to keep her head away from him just in case but really she wasn't that bothered and the little terrier eventually went back to his master.

Nellie gave me her usual enthusiastic, loving greeting, she was keen to get going and pulled at first but settled down and was very good on the road, She gave me the loveliest big kiss on our way back! I do think she’s lost more weight kennels really don't suit her she deserves so much more.

Her usual sweet happy self, she walked past the sheep without batting an eyelid then scrutinised the next empty field, plain nosy I reckon! In the kennel she has one thing on her mind jumping but she did stop when asked so I could dry her off properly.

A lovely, lovely girl maybe one day we'll get in the paddock for some off lead fun though hopefully someone will snap her up before I get a chance.

I seem to keep taking the same photo of Nellie"!

Nellie is currently in boarding kennels and would benefit from a place in a foster home until her forever home comes along. Are you able to help her? Could you foster or adopt her?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2010, 08:59 AM
I didn't walk Nellie this weekend but I did manage to get a few snaps of her at the end of her walk with another volunteer

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

02-12-2010, 07:50 PM
An update from one of our volunteer walkers:

“With my fencing complete and the pub shut we decided to bring Nellie back to my place for coffee. Well that met with full approval from Nellie, tail didn't stop wagging, we got lots of kisses and belly presented for tummy rubs, someone has lost a couple of footballs in my garden, Nellie wasn't interested at first, but I kicked it about a bit and she then had a grand time with it. She heard the chicken next door, but only gave them a glancing thought. She did pop in the house for a quick look round, such a good girl she was”.

She is just such a gorgeous girl particularly in her pink coat!

Nellie is currently in boarding kennels and would really benefit from some time in foster until her forever home comes along. Could you give her a break from kennel life? Could you adopt Nellie and offer her a home?

If you are interested in re-homing Nellie please complete our homing questionnaire.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

18-12-2010, 05:08 PM
A few more pictures of Nellie. She is starting to fill out a little bit now thank heaven.

Nellie is currently in boarding kennels and some TLC in a foster home would really help her. If you think you could foster Nellie, even if its for a few weeks, then please complete our Fostering questionnaire online via our website.

If you are interested in re-homing Nellie please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Helen, one of our walking volunteers, took Nellie home for a little 4 day break over Christmas. Here is her update:

“Been a busy day all round for Nellie. She has kindly accepted my invitation of a mini break in Kent and is currently stretched out on my sofa, having a good old snooze.

As Nellie is having a(nother) snooze on the sofa, I thought I would take this opportunity to give you an update on the things that I have learnt about her today. She travels really well in the car (resting her head on my shoulder for most of the way), she LOVES sleeping on the sofa (we started off with a 50:50 share but my share is getting ever smaller), she makes funny little snuffling noises in her sleep, she is extremely well behaved indoors and only goes upstairs when she is told that she can, she barks a little when she hears any kind of bell or ringing on TV and she loves her food, water and treats. That is on top of all the things that I already knew about Nellie....above all, that she is a BIG softie who loves nothing more than a fuss and a cuddle and who deserves a loving and caring home (with a sofa to call her own).

Nellie spent all of last night on her bed (formerly known as my sofa) and I didn't hear a peep out of her. Popped downstairs to let her out at 6am then she went back on her bed for an hour before joining me for a snooze on my bed!

We've had a fairly relaxing day today - we've been out for a couple of walks, had some food, had a bit of a play with her new toy and caught a few films on TV. She's lying next to me now, snoring for england. If the weather is OK tomorrrow, then we are going to venture further afield.

She is an absolute joy …

Nellie with Helen

Took Nellie for one more walk this morning before settling her in to her new kennel at Gatwick North at lunchtime. There were a few tears in my eyes (well more than a few if I am honest as I walked away - she will be sorely missed. I hope she enjoyed her stay with me as much as I did. Fingers crossed that her forever home finds her soon”.

You can read more about Nellie and her break on our forum on this link: http://rescueremedies.myfastforum.or...7-0-asc-60.php

Nellie is sadly back in kennels, but if you think you could foster Nellie, even if its for a few weeks, then please complete our Fostering questionnaire online.

If you are interested in re-homing Nellie please complete our homing so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

29-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Helen, who fostered Nellie over Christmas is one of our walking volunteers down at the kennels. She has missed Nellie and couldn’t wait to visit to kennels on her first day off. Here is her update:

“I have really missed having Nellie around this week so I just had to pop over to the Gatwick kennels today to see how she is settling in. I was greeted by a big smile and a very waggy tail. We had a bit of a fuss then headed out for a lovely long and muddy walk. Unlike Smiler and Michelle, Nellie LOVED the puddles and just ploughed straight through with me right behind her. I gave her a good towel down when we got back and then I stayed in her kennel for a while. I got a good cuddle and she got some treats and a good belly rub. That tail was still wagging when I said goodbye”.

She's a big softie as you can see from her gazing up at Margaret...even a new camera can't cope with the speed of the wagging tail...just enjoy the blur…

Nellie is currently in boarding kennels, but if you think you could foster Nellie, even if its for a few weeks, then please complete our Fostering questionnaire online.

If you are interested in re-homing Nellie please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >