Our sister sites
Our sister sites
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2009, 07:20 PM

Council proposed dog restrictions

I have been looking on the Kennel Club web site and noticed the following:

KENNEL CLUB CALL FOR PUBLIC TO FIGHT AGAINST REDUCTION IN WEST SUSSEX DOG WALKING AREAS

there is a link to follow and the public consultation period ends of 9th April

What concerns me about this apart from the proposed no go areas for dogs is the restriction in letting them off leads and also the number of dogs that can be walked at a time. There is no consideration regarding size or strength of dog.

There was a case not far from my area of a local council prosecuting two woman for walking 5 dogs, one of which belonged to a disabled neighbour, its very worrying how Councils are bringing in these measures, we all need to be aware that this is going on.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 08:08 AM
It's interesting that this sort of thing is happening at the same time as the rise in the number of professional dog walkers . Where I live there are loads of them and it's not unusual for them to be walking 14 or even sometimes more dogs . These dogs are all off lead and are usually big young dogs who are very excited to be out for a walk .
They don't bother me in the least but they must be very scary for some people