Our sister sites
Our sister sites
snert
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-03-2007, 09:49 PM

peeing or scent marking?

Hi

My little mini Schnauzer has started weeing or scent marking rather a lot today and she's even forgotten where she was and done it in the house!

She'll squat 4 or 5 times in the space of five minutes, but each time is only for a few seconds.
She's not wet in the house since she was a pup.

I don't know if it's normal for her age, so advice or thoughts would be great before I book her in with the vet on monday.

She's almost 14months old now, and she was spayed a couple of months after her first season in august last year.

She's eating and drinking as normal at the moment and is still as lively as ever.

Thanks in advance
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-03-2007, 11:22 PM
Hi Snert I would get your little dog checked by the vet ASAP, she could have a Urinary Tract Infection or a type of kidney/ bladder stones.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Snert I would get your little dog checked by the vet ASAP, she could have a Urinary Tract Infection or a type of kidney/ bladder stones.
Exactly what I was going to say
snert
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-03-2007, 12:29 AM
if she's still the same tomorrow, she'll be at the vets by 8am monday.

I was rather hoping this would be tied in with her season. it's about 6.5 months since she had a season.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by snert View Post
if she's still the same tomorrow, she'll be at the vets by 8am monday.

I was rather hoping this would be tied in with her season. it's about 6.5 months since she had a season.
Hi Snert I understood from your first post that your little one has been spayed ? Therefore she should never have another season.

It is important to get the increased urination checked out ASAP, better to be cautious because UTIs and stones can be both be serious so I would err on the side of caution and see the vet on Monday. .
snert
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-03-2007, 06:41 PM
she has been spayed, but the vet said that it doesn't completly stop the changes

And as it's almost 6 months to the week of the start of her first season i thought it might have been related.

today has been normal though, so i'm really confused.

She's actually going to the vet on monday anyway for her booster jabs, so i'll ask the vet on it
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 08:01 PM
If you can, try and take a water sample with you when you go, it will save you time having to go back with one. It needs to be as fresh as you can get it though.

Use a flat plate and when she crouches to pee just slip it under her and catch the pee - easy (in theory!). Good luck and please keep us posted with the results.
gypsygirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Definately take a sample with you. Morning samples are best, try to catch it half way throught. If it is a UTI the earlier it's caught the easier it is to treat.