Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2005, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by Archaeopath
Don't ask Emma! I autopsy human remains - those that can't easily be identified by a regular pathologist.

Becs
wow!!! what a facinating job Becs i love forensics and dna and all the science that goes with it all i envy you , i wish i was clever enough to do something like that
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2005, 08:01 AM
I live in a house that is haunted but only my youngest son and myself have actually seen anything. I have seen a dark figure pass the front and the back of the house at different times and my son has seen the same figure at the front as well. He has also seen a young girl in period costume sitting on the wall late at night/early morning.

He also had some friends staying and they were all sleeping on the living room floor. My son was woken by a heavy weight on his legs but nothing was on him and a friend who was asleep on the sofa was pulled onto the floor but everyone else was asleep.

My husband has also been woken whilst asleep on the sofa by someone touching him but only he was in the room.

Sue
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-04-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by Emma
wow!!! what a facinating job Becs i love forensics and dna and all the science that goes with it all i envy you , i wish i was clever enough to do something like that
Thanks Emma, I'm glad you think it's interesting - it's not an easy thing to talk about on an open forum without most people feeling sick

If anyone's interested in it, they're more than welcome to PM me

I honestly don't think it's something you have to be clever to do - I've worked with one pathologist who identified some human skeletal remains (adult male) with a pet dog, and another who ID'd a sheep's tibia as a child with rickets!

Becs
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-04-2005, 08:38 AM
Sue, that's a really scary set of events!

I've never really had anything happen to me that I couldn't explain away, but I'm kind of fascinated in a "I never wanna experience any of this myself" way. Still, I'm a big fan of Most Haunted!

Becs
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-04-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by Inca
ohhhhh scarey ....... nows heres a story when my brother in law bought his house his dog wouldn't go in a corner of the garden!!!!!!! his fur would go up and was petrified he did all sorts to try and cure this but nothing worked........a few years after Jake died he was having a pond put in and the biulders found human remains in that corner. !!!!!! they were 50 years old but were not identified to this day
Could have been worse Inca the dog could have dug the bones up and chewed them
OzBoz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-04-2005, 09:33 AM
I love things like this!

We've had some weird things in our house, I've been touched on the cheek, blown in the face (both when I was lying in bed) and also quite often I hear footsteps and the bedroom door opens but there's never anyone there. None of the animals are bothered by it though.
A friend who is a psychic said she saw the figure of an old lady cross the bottom of the stairs as she walked in through the front door - my friend says that's a grounded spirit.....can't for the life of me work out who it might be though!
My son did the talking to an empty chair thing when he was very young, in hubby's Nan's house. There was definitely something there, I saw a woman in a long gown in the middle of the night when I got up to get my son a drink, I thought it was hubby's Nan, walked towards her asking if she was OK and just as I got there she disappeared!!

I love Most Haunted too Becs - did you see last nights in the old farmhouse? Spooky!!!!!!
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Sometimes Glory stares at something in my house that is not visable to me, he is either looking at something, or deep in thought and looking to the heavens for an answer.
tjhoe68
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2005, 11:11 AM
Oooh some scary stuff! I got goosebumps now!

My baby boy often looks at nothing when he's in his crib. He stares into open space and chats away and sometimes laughs as though theres someone there chatting to him. Doesn't scare me though as I can't see anything and if there is someone there they must be friendly!!!

I have seen the ghost of one of my Aunts old dogs though. I used to live with my Aunt and got attached to her as you do, then I moved out to live with my bf at the time. Carried on visiting and 1 day I visited, saw Lady and called her over like I always did and she came to me, sat under the table, I put my hand down to stroke her whilst nattering to my Aunt and she'd gone! I asked my Aunt where she was and she said she was so sorry she hadn't told me but Lady had died. I think she came to say goodbye. Bless her!
Dreamon
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-04-2005, 11:25 AM
Not long after we moved into this house I was in the kitchen and actually felt a hand on my shoulder and pulled me as if to turn me around, when I turned there was nobody there??????? nothing like this has ever happened to me since, although Bailey does often bark at one corner of the lounge ........Strange
millies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2005, 04:54 PM
millie once .. not to long ago peed her self with fright in our living room , it was one of the most scariest things i had ever witnesed, one minute she was sitting on my knee she looked up , started to cry and tried to bury herself behind my back all the time shaking violently and crying really loud!!!!! it lasted for about 3 minutes in all , that happened about 6 months ago . but ever since my son was born (10 years in december) he will not spend time on his own upstairs , not to play ,dress , clean teeth etc he will only sleep in the same bed has his twin brother ( they are not really close except for the bed thing) and when i ask him why he says "someone is watching me " and when he is in is own bed he feels people sitting on his bed !!!! (he sleeps on a top bunk , so it cant be one of us!) he has been like this since he was born , hard to explain , but if any one has any ideas how to help that would be great , there has been lots of other things that ryan has mentioned too like when he was 2 and a half , he said he could see dead people , and also has very detailed recall of conversations that be and his dad had before he was born !!! if any one can explain im willing to listen
thanks
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >