Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Tell you I plan on saving myself money and not wasting food and having a better plan...it irritates me coming in from work and considering hats for dinner.......

I would never eat hats for dinner.......at least i plan that much!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
I would never eat hats for dinner.......at least i plan that much!
Ah ha you spotted my deliberate mistake checking someone was reading it....................
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Ah ha you spotted my deliberate mistake checking someone was reading it....................
Hehe!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Slow cookers are fab.. chuck it all in, in the morning switch it on and dinner is ready for you coming home..
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2008, 09:45 PM
I plan the night before what we are having the following day.

As for wanting to know whats in the freezer, I just ask Pat, he's so '''''live to eat person'''' that he will know, believe me
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2008, 06:10 AM
The only planning I do is at the weekend. I shop on a Friday after work, so buy stuff for the weekend then. The rest of the week we have whatever's in the freezer, which gets filled up regularly. The decision on what to have for dinner is usually made the night before so we can take it out of the freezer. I'm terribly organised.....
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2008, 06:42 AM
I know the types of thing I like to eat, so I stock the freezer with chicken, turkey, tuna, salmon, steak and pork - enough to last a month.
Vegetables I buy weekly.
I decide the night before what I am going to do the following day and take out the appropriate meat.
I don't buy any ready meals.
Took a while to decide to buy a slow cooker, now I wouldn't be without it.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
I know the types of thing I like to eat, so I stock the freezer with chicken, turkey, tuna, salmon, steak and pork - enough to last a month.
Vegetables I buy weekly.
I decide the night before what I am going to do the following day and take out the appropriate meat.
I don't buy any ready meals.
Took a while to decide to buy a slow cooker, now I wouldn't be without it.
That's exactly what I do except I've had a slow cooker for about 30 years.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2008, 08:25 AM
Rarely organized here, as I have daughter and oh come home at all different times, plus daughter declares she isn't home for dinner around 5.30pm!!

Quite often it's a case of what do you fancy, although meat is normally defrosted.

Had Thai Green Curry ready to cook yesterday - then daughter arrived home and said she didn't like it - so oh decided we would have roast
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2008, 11:13 AM
I get an organic veggie box delivered every week and can look up online a few days in advance to see wat's going to be in it.

So I generally plan for 5-7 days in advance. I try to write a shopping list and stick to it, but sometimes it doesn't work that way. Either I don't get time to write a list or we have to go shopping sooner than I thought.

I have found it really easy to plan ahead since we got the veggie boxes. I usually get enough meat for a week and stick most of it in the freezer.

I would really recommend Nigella Lawson's book Nigella Express. I've found loads of really simple, quick meals in there and a lot of them are our regulars now
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >