register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-07-2014, 10:22 AM
Keep safe out there Malka, is the shelter for a few of you because I can't see anyone getting therein 15 seconds, I doubt I could get across the road in that time.
We had rain here last night and this morning it's a heck of a lot cooler, sunny enough for girls to have their umbrella up, they're sleeping off their late brekkies ( I went back to sleep). Will take them a walk round in a while, then Keshi to training for 3pm. At long last there are no white/pale bits showing on the decking so I can get the plants put in their pots and arranged on it.
How many are you cooking for today Nippy
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2014, 10:37 AM
Morning all

Malka, prayers of peace winging over the world for you. Stay safe hon.

I am trying to get moving, just wish my eyes would stop feeling quite so tired all the time, just makes me want to sleep again and it's no use. However, I will be up shortly, walk Dougal, then get going on unpacking and doing the washing, it's been raining but I'm hoping it will dry off so I can get the washing out to dry and get through it all, cause the uniforms are needed for next week.

We are planning Codonas in Aberdeen during the week, really looking forward to it
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Morning all, be it a late one

Had a wonderful stroll along the beach first thing, lots of dogs, but all friendly or they stayed away from us anyway. Zena was having an absolute ball zooming in and out of the waves for the ball, leaping in the air to rush back in and drop it for me to chuck again. I went in up to my knees, she followed, but as soon as her little feet couldn't feel the sand, she turned around again. I really must get her over this fear of swimming, which was all my fault after I chucked the ball into deep water when we first moved here and she had a choking fit! She'll soon come round, if I drag her out with the ball on the rope in her gob, cos I can hold the handle on her harness if that makes her feel a bit more secure to start off with again.

No sign of a drop of rain here and it's still stinking hot, although I think we've been promised some somewhen today and I really hope it arrives.

Going to watch the F1, and I've cooked a lovely roast (yes Jen, it's your favourite that I'm not allowed to mention lol).

Good day yesterday, got everything done that we wanted to and I've now done a letter to that landlord of the little workshop Dave wants to rent down the road, so even though he never answers our phone calls, I'm really hoping he has the time and inclination to read our letter. Once we can get hold of him, Dave can start on the websites and other marketing for the setting up, cos the sale is now going ahead, once the purchaser gets his loan in writing from the bank, which he says should be next week somewhen. All in all, everything's on an even keel for a change and a bit different to last week-end when poor Dave didn't know which way to turn.

Hope everyone is ok along with the doglets and that you're enjoying a day at home with them. Hope it's not too hot for you like it is here though.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-07-2014, 11:05 AM
June - no idea who the little concrete shelter is for. Maybe for people in the macolet? Or maybe for people going to get mail out of their mailboxes? Not for me, that is for sure. Just been told not to leave my house and when I asked about going to get food told I must not leave my house because I must not go across the road on my chair because it takes so long.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-07-2014, 11:12 AM
Yeah right, course you're going to sit there and starve. Is this new social worker going to be of any help do you think
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

27-07-2014, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Yeah right, course you're going to sit there and starve. Is this new social worker going to be of any help do you think
Doubt it. Unless I speak Russian. She is very sweet and Pereg and she adored each other, but I have no idea what she can or cannot do as her Ivrit is mostly Russian, and I do not understand Russian.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-07-2014, 11:38 AM
If it wasn't so scary it could form the basis of a comedy
Very happy to her everything's going ahead now Helena, like you say, this time last week he had no idea which direction go turn
Still a nice day here, a lot cooler, but tomorrow's looking as though the temps will be higher, so I think we'll be on the river. Found a breakers that may be able to supply me with a sunroof motor, the car they're breaking is a bit older than mine, but looks the same, so will ring them tomorrow, found the card (finally) with the info I need on, may have a working sunroof soon, I blame all the rain this last winter, because it DID work its probably the wet that made the motor seize up.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

27-07-2014, 11:55 AM
Giving Pereg her 3pm medication early and going to bed. House will probably fall on us but I must get some sleep before it does.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2014, 11:55 AM
Malka - stay safe best you can, sending you and Pereg hugs xx
LS- hope Loki is ok today xx
Not been on here properly for a couple of days, had a problem with my ipad, would not charge up Thursday night, spent most if Friday trying to get it sorted, it finally reset after what seems like hours and me panicking, wondering how I'd cope without it
Rosie seems happier as it's a bit cooler out.
I got home from work feeling not well, I went to bed at 9.30pm and got up at 8, still felt rough so had a cup of tea and went back to bed after a cuppa. Got back up at 10, still felt queasy but no headache at least.
Going to watch F1 and will take Rosie on field after. I think the walk will do me good. Tony is cooking dinner.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2014, 12:27 PM
It was such a peaceful day, out there sewing and the dogs with bones.... then mr nasty comes along opposite with the loudest noisiest machinery ever made...collie went ballistic so I had to put the dogs to bed and then close all the wndows....still loud and horrible....Ah well; he will be off to the pub in a few hours boasting he is getting rid of me by doing this.

Old saying... patient endurance achieves all things...

Sigh..

Heavy clouds and swallows skimming the roof and almost on the ground.Roll on bedtime!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >