View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Balas mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2013, 09:27 PM
I think its the price,thats why people are buying them.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-03-2013, 09:30 PM
You get what you pay for, and people don't realise the importance of a proper upbringing and the mother being looked after etc. and then when they have a sick puppy that is never going to be very healthy they wonder why.
I didn't watch it, but it sounds horrifying, especially the prospect of these numpties bringing rabies into the country.
Balas mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
You get what you pay for, and people don't realise the importance of a proper upbringing and the mother being looked after etc. and then when they have a sick puppy that is never going to be very healthy they wonder why.
I didn't watch it, but it sounds horrifying, especially the prospect of these numpties bringing rabies into the country.
I quite agree with you,well put.Here in Spain i believe there is now a law to stop pet shops selling puppies.I never see puppies in the shops anymore.Is that the same in the UK now?I got the impression from the program that pet shops were actually also selling these imported puppies.Certainly there was a delivery after closing time to a pet shop of i think they said seven puppies.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Its many years since I saw puppies for sale in a pet shop, and I did think it was strictly regulated, but that is of course if everyone plays the game, they could be sold out of the back door I suppose, or advertised as though they have been born in the family home.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 02:38 PM
It is also down to some of the breeds being imported the breeders here are very strict who they allow to buy their pups they make people visit more than once get home checked and go on a waiting list.

Not good if you want the must have item now. Thats why there is a market for them.

How many times do people have to be told see the pup with its Mother at the premises where it was born.

I no longer feel sory for the people who buy these pups, just the pups and their Mother of the pups
petitsfilous
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-03-2013, 03:56 PM
I have just seen this being shared around [a social network]:

I wonder if they have disconnected their phone lines yet
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-03-2013, 04:09 PM
I really hope they are stopped in their tracks and all those poor puppies taken away from them
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 05:10 PM
So sorry for the puppies & we have enough dogs in rescue as it is. The rabbies side is a worry.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-03-2013, 05:25 PM
Have now copy/pasted it onto the public bit of our Breed Forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2