View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2013, 01:36 PM
The breed is not recognised by the KC in the UK and the KC do more than most realise regarding Types and siezures
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-03-2013, 01:48 PM
Ah. My mistake there. I just realised the Kennel Club and the UK aren't part of the FCI.

Also, I didn't want to criticise the KC for not doing enough, I just found it strange that it never even came up in conversation.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by Florence View Post
Just thinking.. please let me know if this belongs in a different thread..
But did anyone else think it's a shame that there were no American Staffordshire Terriers, Tosas, Dogo Argentinos and Fila Brasileiros?
I don't know the latter three that much, but the American Staffordshire Terrier technically isn't even on the banned dogs list. I know it's more about 'type' than breed, but they're being AWFULLY inconsistent with that.
I just think it's a shame that those breeds are not represented at the biggest dog show in the world.
If they are not allowed in the country, how could anyone think it was a shame they were not there? Who would have been expecting them to be there?
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-03-2013, 08:48 PM
I never said people should be expecting them there even though they are illegal. I was merely thinking and hoping that other people think it's a shame that those breeds, which were banned by a government of bureaucrats in a rushed decision, cannot be represented at the 'biggest dog show in the world' even though they should have exactly the same right as every other breed like boxers, mastiffs, poodles, labradors etc.
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-03-2013, 08:50 PM
And because they are just as much part of the dog world as any other breed. Breed specific legislations are widely discarted by dog behaviour experts, so why shouldn't people think it's a shame those breeds aren't at crufts?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2