Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2004, 11:01 AM

Cookies?

Quick question for those of you who are computer minded.

I was trying to access my shutterfly photoalbum but every time I sign in it says I need to enable my cookies.

Well I follow the instructions which are; open Internet Options and choose the tab that says "Privacy" change the cookie setting to Medium and save. Well it is already set to Medium and it still doesnt seem to work and every time I try to login it takes me back to the error page saying about how my cookies are not enabled.

Does anybody know if there is a way round this I can usually access shutterfly no problems from my PC?

Thanks
Laura
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2004, 11:35 AM
No ideas sorry Laura
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2004, 11:52 AM
Do you have another security programme running as it might be blocking cookies. If you do you could try turning off the programme to access the site.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2004, 12:07 PM
Laura, try changing the cookie setting to 'accept all cookies', you can always change it back again afterwards. Failing that it could well be another security program that's interferring with the cookies.

Hope it helps
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2004, 12:47 PM
Thanks guys I really dont have a clue. Yeah Wolfie I changed it to the low setting which then in turn allows all cookies but that still did not work.

Where would I find out if another programme was blocking them?

Thanks
Laura
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2004, 01:58 PM
Have you downloaded any security programmes Laura ?
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2004, 02:01 PM
Not that I know of Julie but I did have a virus a while back (sorted now) and every day the virus would download certain things onto my desktop that I never requested...

Laura
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-12-2004, 02:04 PM
I dont know whether you tried this?

To customize your privacy settings for all Web sites

In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
Click the Privacy tab, and then click Advanced.
Click Override default settings, and then specify how you want Internet Explorer to handle cookies from first-party Web sites and third-party Web sites (a Web site other than the one you are currently viewing).
To specify that you want Internet Explorer to always allow cookies to be saved on your computer, click Accept.
To specify that you want Internet Explorer to never allow cookies to be saved on your computer, click Block.
To specify that you want Internet Explorer to ask whether or not you want to allow a cookie to be saved on your computer, click Prompt.
If you want Internet Explorer to always allow session cookies (cookies that will be deleted from your computer when you close Internet Explorer) to be saved on your computer, click Always allow session cookies.
Notes

Some Web sites require cookies; therefore, if you select a setting that does not allow cookies to be saved on your computer, you might not be able to view certain Web sites.
When you change your privacy settings, the changes might not affect cookies that are already on your computer. If you want to ensure that all of the cookies on your computer meet your privacy settings, you should delete all of the existing cookies on your computer. When you return to Web sites that previously had saved cookies on your computer, the Web sites that meet your privacy settings will save cookies on your computer again. The Web sites that do not meet your privacy settings will not be allowed to save cookies on your computer, and might not function properly.
Your privacy settings only affect Web sites in the Internet zone. For more information about zones, click Related Topics.
You can also specify custom privacy settings for a specific Web site. For more information, click Related Topics.