View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2016, 04:10 PM
Gosh, think Pepsi is worse than Amber when she gets going. Love the orchid too!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2016, 04:16 PM
Thats why we call her a Jack Russell Terrorist!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2016, 04:19 PM
Afternoon everyone busy day cleaning the house.
June glad the car is sorted.
Nippy Jen glad you enjoyed your trip out.
Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.

Still no heating or hot water here Gorden tried a tip the electrician told him to try no luck fuse still blew after a few minutes so have to wait till Friday till he can get here and hopefully sort the problem.
Then another disaster a little while ago had my shower got out and sorted and turned the cold water tap on to rinse the bath round and when went to turn it off it came loose and was spurting water in the bath from the loose end and out of the tap. Try as I might I could not get the tap back in and screwed up. Managed to work out where to turn the water off to it. Now the electric shower has no water supply we do have cold water in the kitchen and from the bathroom sink downstairs.
Messaged Gorden to try to talk me through it but it still won't attach and the thread tighten. He is now on his way home.
I said you cannot leave me in this house it is a living nightmare.
Plus Dillon is uncomfortable on his back right leg/paw. Not sure if he has overdone it with the exercise over the weekend and his distal rotation is causing him grief and or his toes.
We started out for a walk but I brought him back in seconds he was struggling he wasn't happy about it.
Have bathed the foot and put some wound powder on it just in case he has cut it or got something in it but I doubt that as he has no problem with me prodding and poking. Gave him a half of previcox and it eased a bit.
I will keep an eye on him for a day or two and if no better will pop him to the vet.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2016, 04:27 PM
Oh dear Lynn, you certainly are sent the trials to test a saint. Hope all gets sorted especially poor Dillon.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2016, 04:40 PM
OMG Lynn, things are going down like ninepins. Hoping the electrician finds out what is going on and sorts it out.
Will Gorden have to go back to work tomorrow early doors or can he work from home.
Poor Dillon, wonder what he's done to himself, he must lie awake at night thinking of ways to stress you out.
I've actually started the painting, done some ceiling by the window and then gone over the really bad marks on the walls, so left it all to dry and will have a go at the walls tomorrow. I am just going to do an hour every day if I can. I am now in pain and having had a nice cake I had saved especially to reward myself IF I painted, with a cup of tea, I am on the painkillers. Been in the shower and washed my hair, so no white paint on me, its all over the trakkie bottoms, t shirt and baseball cap I was wearing but has washed off my hands (I was wearing cotton gloves as well), arms and face, and feet as I was barefoot climbing up and down a ladder paintpot in one hand, brush in another. Neck is not very happy about the staring up at the ceiling business, needless to say.
Zen has stationed herself on the coal bunker to ensure I don't forget to bring tea out, but its a while yet
Nippy the orchid is so beautiful, I love them, never have any luck keeping them alive though. Pepsi would fit in well here, there are very few toys live to tell the tale beyond a few hours. Glad you had a wild day out with your pasty and drink, you and your decadent ways eh. We'll all be doing it next
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2016, 04:49 PM
Well done June on the starting of the decorating. Dillon would do what Zen is doing.

Gorden will have to leave again tomorrow about 8.30 so not to bad. Hoping he can sort the tap tonight if not he can tell me what I need and I can get it and mark is off tomorrow. Sure Lauren won't mind me borrowing him for a while of needed, she is arriving later tonight till Thursday.
Never know we might get a lie-in.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2016, 05:17 PM
You never know do you Lynn, stranger things have happened.
I think the coal bunker would collapse if Dillon clambered up onto it
There's now little wuffs emanating from outside. They haven't got to grips with this hour going back yet, to them its 6pm and teatime
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2016, 05:30 PM
Dillon's tea time is around 6 too. He starts looking at me around 5.30 as if to say are you watching the clock.
We will keep him well away from the coal bunker then.

It never ceases to amaze me this house all the things that keep going wrong even when you think you have fixed them. You sit down eventually and it feels so relaxed all over the house. It drives me to distraction and tears but like now I am sitting down for a bit before sorting Dillon for tea and it feels so calm in here.
Lauren stayed for her two week holiday because she says it's so relaxing here. I just don't get it.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2016, 05:54 PM
My Gdaughter gave me an orchid for my birthday earlier in the year and I have been addicted ever since. I have since bought myself a pink one and now I have a yellow one

Lynn so sorry to hear of all your disasters, such a shame for you in that lovely cottage.

Tea time now, a stew that I prepared earlier, not sure I can eat it now after that pasty!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2016, 06:38 PM
Everyone fed and bedded down. Really warm tonight, it was 14 degrees this afternoon, I understand we are back to Siberia in the next few days though. It is November and I have no objection, just as long as we get wall to wall sunshine from around the end of March onwards
Lynn, thats because there's just you and Gordon dealing with the stressful stuff.
Can smell fresh paint upstairs, makes me feel clean again
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >