View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 06:05 PM
I personally feel now it is up to Kitty, as this thread is going round and round, we will never agree... A child is hurt and I am sorry for that (no matter what others may think, I do not like child attacks... I am a complete wuss about kids being hurt!) the mum is in a dilemma and the dog needs out of there... fast.
I personally don't see why the dog should be pts... I think it deserves another chance, but my opinion is neither here nor there, as my feelings were completely blown apart yesterday...
Whatever Kitty decides I will support her, I hope we can all do the same.
kitty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Hi everyone,
just to update you all, Oscar is now back at the RSPCA. they said to me they will re-access Oscar and re-home him somewhere more suitable, I will just have to beleive this as it will drive me mad if I start to wonder otherwise.
I have pm'd Cassassin to explain, as I feel bad for letting her down when she offered me help but in the end I felt like I didn't have a choice and I was just going round and round in circles with it all.
It has been so difficult as a family to come to a decision, I realise some people will not agree with my decision, but whats done is done, I am still trying to convince myself that I've done the right thing, but whatever happens I can't change it now.
I just want to also say a huge thank you to EVERYONE who has given their support and advice to me - whatever advice has been given, I know there would always be huge differences in opinion, and in a way I needed that to help me come to some sort of conclusion.
I really hope I can still come on here, I hope that no one will hold my previous BAD decisions against me.
We have decided in time we may get another dog, and I hope to be able to come on here and pester you all for advice, on breeds etc BEFORE i wade in with both of my very clumsy feet again.
I feel that after what happened it would also be good for my son who loves dogs but understandably a little nervous at the moment around dogs.
Thank you all so much once again, I asked for a bit of advice and crikey I didn't half get some. lol
Thanks
Kitty XXXX
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 07:03 PM
I've been sat back and reading these threads, I am concered however that this dog is described as being dog aggressive, and someone who offered to help (and thats not a bad thing, its a good thing that people would offer this) also has a Dobe of their own who is dog aggressive, I've got a dog who is aggresive through fear aggression, she's now great with it, but I believe that once a dog has started aggresion with something it will never be fully over it, and can't be trusted, so two males with the same problem in the same house would be dangerous IMHO.

Then there is also the issue with children, no-one can gaurentee a home without kids, as everyone knows someone with children, this dog is not trust worthy with them anymore, no dog is never 100% trustable around children, and no dog should ever be trusted 100% around them, but this guy has issues, and I'm sorry but I do feel a bit like, the RSPCA have said that they have kennel space, ask him what they think, if they are going to pts ask if you can do this at home, but there are plenty of dogs without issues, or such severe issues that are being pts each day, and although kitty knows and loves this dog, people want to help this dog, sometimes you do have to think of the others, is it fair to be campaining a dog with issues like this, when another dog may come into a position where its life is in danger when its never used its teeth?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by kitty View Post
Hi everyone,
just to update you all, Oscar is now back at the RSPCA. they said to me they will re-access Oscar and re-home him somewhere more suitable, I will just have to beleive this as it will drive me mad if I start to wonder otherwise.
I have pm'd Cassassin to explain, as I feel bad for letting her down when she offered me help but in the end I felt like I didn't have a choice and I was just going round and round in circles with it all.
It has been so difficult as a family to come to a decision, I realise some people will not agree with my decision, but whats done is done, I am still trying to convince myself that I've done the right thing, but whatever happens I can't change it now.
I just want to also say a huge thank you to EVERYONE who has given their support and advice to me - whatever advice has been given, I know there would always be huge differences in opinion, and in a way I needed that to help me come to some sort of conclusion.
I really hope I can still come on here, I hope that no one will hold my previous BAD decisions against me.
We have decided in time we may get another dog, and I hope to be able to come on here and pester you all for advice, on breeds etc BEFORE i wade in with both of my very clumsy feet again.
I feel that after what happened it would also be good for my son who loves dogs but understandably a little nervous at the moment around dogs.
Thank you all so much once again, I asked for a bit of advice and crikey I didn't half get some. lol
Thanks
Kitty XXXX
Hi Kitty, thanks for the update..Hope you and your son are feeling ok after today?
It would be nice to see you posting again and i dont think anyone will think bad of you, people might have done things differently but you have to do whats best for you, your son and the dog.
I cant imagine how hard it was for you today passing him back over, but it might have been the best thing, so dont feel bad..
Massive Hugs
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Thank you so much for the update Kitty.

I am sure if the RSPCA have told you that is what's going too happen then thats what will happen.

You did your best you can do no more.

I am sure when you decide to get another dog we would all love it if you came here to share your pictures and ask for advice and of course we would be more than happy to help if we can.

Good luck in your hunt.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Hi everyone,
Thanks
Kitty XXXX
People will support you whatever desision you make, sorry I muct of been writing my other reply at the same time. The truth is you know this dog, the people at the RSPCA can see this dog, can assess this dog, and make a desiscion based on that, whatever is given over the internet can never be fully right, but the people who know the dog can always be in the position to make the best desicion about him
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Hi everyone,
Thanks
Kitty XXXX
Kitty, you have done the most right and responsible thing and I am thinking of you and Oscar too

No one will judge you for your decision you have done all you possibly can in light of the circumstances.

I hope in time you do have another doglet and that your son can overcome his fears.

You weren't wading in anywhere you did what most of us would have done to try and prevent Oscar going back there, not that I personally feel is such a bad thing, he will be assessed on his merits now and for any medical conditions (that he may have).
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 07:16 PM
I'm so pleased that they are going to re-assess the situation rather than just jumping straight into the euthanasia route. You have done all you can under the circumstances Kitty, I hope you can start to get on with life again now...all the best xx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Hi Kitty,
I know this must have been difficult for you,but I think you made the right decision for all of you including Oscar who can now be properly evaluated.You tried your best for Oscar sometimes it just doesn't work out the way we want.
I hope your son will be ok.

I hope you will continue to post on here.
I wish you all the best xx
Luchi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Hi Kitty.

I am so glad that you were able to reach a decision that was right for your family.

I know at first you will miss Oscar, but you know in your heart that your son comes first. Every time.

You definitely should get another dog when the time is right though, You will know if and when that time comes.

All the very best from me and Luchi xx
Closed Thread
Page 45 of 47 « First < 35 42 43 44 45 46 47 >