Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by cassassin View Post
*sigh* go ahead. Whatever you want to say about me, say it. And Nicci, if this is about the UK forum or the USA forum, there are strict rules regarding "bringing crap" elsewhere. I have never abridged those rules.

I will let everyone here know that because I am American, I have vastly different standards when it comes to Dobermanns compared to the majority of breeders and owners in the UK. I was originally introduced to the breed as a youngster, but only obtained my first Dobermann in 2008 and I went to an American Doberman Pinscher forum for help and advice. This was the place where I learned the majority of my knowledge of the breed. I lost my dog a year ago next month.

I am NOT in good books with many of the top UK breeders. I have different ethics and moral values it seems with regards to health testing and breeding. This dog is neutered, so no issues there anyways. I get yelled at and people gather and talk bad about me behind my back because I disagree with some of their values or because I am very opinionated and just plain don't like a certain dog in a given pedigree.

I am probably unable to offer Oscar a forever home, but I can do some good for him and I will make sure Kitty is aware through every step of this with me.

So, spill Nicci. I am more than willing to do everything I can to help Oscar, I have opened my home, made arrangements for my other two dogs and also made arrangements for his medical care.

What is your problem with me helping him?

I have offered to meet with Kitty beforehand so she can see my home, see the areas where I will be walking him and also the training grounds too. There are several Dobermann breeders in my area who have decades of experience with the breed and though not people I would purchase a puppy from, I certainly would accept their advice.

To be honest, from the conversation I had with Kitty last night, Oscar sounds like a DREAM. He has a few problems (I suspect he has a staph infection and pulls on the lead), but these are all easily treated.

I am looking forward to helping him, even if I can only be a stepping stone, I will be working with him to at least get him used to the sight and sounds of other animals, even if he cannot live with them on a permanent basis, I want him able to "tolerate" them while out on walks.

I'm sure Kitty is a good judge of character. I have invited her to my home, I am also due for another home-check for fostering purposes outside of this situation anyways.

Or you can PM me, Nicci, because I truly, honest to bob do not know who you are or where you know me from.
Thank you for clearing that up
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-05-2010, 11:20 AM
*sigh* go ahead. Whatever you want to say about me, say it. And Nicci, if this is about the UK forum or the USA forum, there are strict rules regarding "bringing crap" elsewhere. I have never abridged those rules.

I will let everyone here know that because I am American, I have vastly different standards when it comes to Dobermanns compared to the majority of breeders and owners in the UK. I was originally introduced to the breed as a youngster, but only obtained my first Dobermann in 2008 and I went to an American Doberman Pinscher forum for help and advice. This was the place where I learned the majority of my knowledge of the breed. I lost my dog a year ago next month.

I am NOT in good books with many of the top UK breeders. I have different ethics and moral values it seems with regards to health testing and breeding. This dog is neutered, so no issues there anyways. I get yelled at and people gather and talk bad about me behind my back because I disagree with some of their values or because I am very opinionated and just plain don't like a certain dog in a given pedigree.

I am probably unable to offer Oscar a forever home, but I can do some good for him and I will make sure Kitty is aware through every step of this with me.

So, spill Nicci. I am more than willing to do everything I can to help Oscar, I have opened my home, made arrangements for my other two dogs and also made arrangements for his medical care.

I have offered to meet with Kitty beforehand so she can see my home, see the areas where I will be walking him and also the training grounds too. There are several Dobermann breeders in my area who have decades of experience with the breed and though not people I would purchase a puppy from, I certainly would accept their advice.

To be honest, from the conversation I had with Kitty last night, Oscar sounds like a DREAM. He has a few problems (I suspect he has a staph infection and pulls on the lead), but these are all easily treated.

I am looking forward to helping him, even if I can only be a stepping stone, I will be working with him to at least get him used to the sight and sounds of other animals, even if he cannot live with them on a permanent basis, I want him able to "tolerate" them while out on walks.

I'm sure Kitty is a good judge of character. I have invited her to my home, I am also due for another home-check for fostering purposes outside of this situation anyways.

Or you can PM me, Nicci, because I truly, honest to bob do not know who you are or where you know me from.
Well from a personal point of view, and if I was sending a dog to you I would want a few questions answered.

1) do you actually or have ever owned a Dobe.. because on this forum you say you have, yet on the other you say you have not... but have been around them

2) Why are you at odds, with the Dobe people in this country.

3) What alternative methods do you use to "educate" Dobes,

4) How many Dobes have you rehabilitated before this one

5) What will you do with him, if either a, he can not be helped b, you can help him,

6) why bring breeding up, would you kept him and breed from him, if he was not neutered

7) Can you give me references from dobe rescue.breed clubs that you are capable of dealing with an aggressive dog.

A few to be going on with!!!
Owning Poms , is along was from taking in a aggressive Doberman

I really hope Kitty is not putting her dog out of the frying pan into the fire!!!
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 11:25 AM

Can I just say, I can't publicly post what I have seen from elsewhere, that little matter has been cleared up.

You obtained your first Dobermann in 2008, hardly makes you experienced. I lived around Staffies and Poodles most of my young life, but that hardly makes me experienced.

You can't keep this dog in the longterm and can only offer in a stepping stone, so where does that leave him in the longterm? When you've decided you can keep him no more, then what? Where will he go?

I still think if this boy can be found a place in breed rescue, it would be the best possible outcome for him.

Because one thing is for sure, if I were in this situation right now with my own Dobermann, hell would freeze over before I handed her to someone I did not know on a personal level considering what has happened here and the situation he could possibly be being taken into.
kitty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Hi everyone, I have just has a reply to my email from the RSPCA, they asked me to take him back today, they want me to call them straightaway to let them know what time so they can prepare a kennel!!!!?????
GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by kitty View Post
Hi everyone, I have just has a reply to my email from the RSPCA, they asked me to take him back today, they want me to call them straightaway to let them know what time so they can prepare a kennel!!!!?????
GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Kitty, I think that is the best thing for him, I really do.

My heart goes out to you, as a mum and a Dobermann owner.

I'm sorry you were ever put in this situation as they really are a wonderful breed, this boy is too damaged to pass on elsewhere, let them do all they can for him.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 11:46 AM
This thread has moved on a bit,
I too agree he should be returned to the care of the RSPCA,that's where he came from and they can get him evaluated properly.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 11:49 AM
MMNn - I would be asking if they intend to PTS or give him any kind of evaluation first Kitty, GIve them a call and have a chat with them and see what they say.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 11:50 AM
I agree...as much as I don't want to see Oscar destroyed, I equally don't think it fair that he gets moved from pillar to post again. Cassassin's offer was truly kind and came at a time when there was no where else on offer. However, if the RSPCA have offered to take him back then I think that is the kindest thing to do...if they are arranging a kennel for him then they mustn't be thinking they are going to euthanase?

Oh I really feel for you Kitty...your mind must be all over the place xx
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

15-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by kitty View Post
GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Kitty , get in your car and take him back to the RSPCA NOW!!!!!!!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

15-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
MMNn - I would be asking if they intend to PTS or give him any kind of evaluation first Kitty, GIve them a call and have a chat with them and see what they say.
Please dont make things any more difficult for her, she does nto have enough time to go down that route, she has enough turmoil, in trying to do whats right, the RPSCA have said they will take him back, its the responsible thing to do...what ever the outcome.

Giving him to someoen who has only ever owned one Dobe , and will pass him on again, is not the right thing to do either

Kitty is against a hard place and the sea, let her take the right decision without putting any more pressure on her.
Closed Thread
Page 37 of 47 « First < 27 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 > Last »