Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

23-11-2010, 10:11 PM

Dylan, Staffie, DOB 07 - Gatwick, Surrey

Dylan, Staffie, DOB 07 - Gatwick, Surrey

Homing Requirements: Dylan needs a stable family to take care of his every whim! Generally good with everyone and everything he meets. Secure garden; agenda centered around his needs and a family prepared to stand your ground and let Dylan do the smiling when you meet Staffie prejudice!

His Story: Dylan was reportedly hyped up over fireworks and his owners thought he wasn't calm enough around their children and so put him out in the garden whilst they tried to rehome him which involved trying to get the council to come and collect. He was found in a neighbours garden the next morning!

Advert: Everything we love about Staffies is concentrated in one loveable laughing friend! Dylan meets and greets everyone. We believe he has lived with children and has no issues that we can find. He puts everyone at their ease and is there just to please!

Dylan is in good health, but not too happy about being in a kennel. He is just waiting for his forever family to come and delight in him. He shows evidence of housetraining. He isn't destructive in his kennel. Voluntary dog walkers delight in having Dylan at the end of their leads. Dylan is an accomplished Staffie who will wins friends and influence people for the good.

"Please note this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: We are a rescue finding dogs their forever homes. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2010, 08:55 AM
I walked Dylan at the weekend and he is a lovely boy. Eager for cuddles and a nice dog to walk, no shoulders pulled out of sockets. Managed to get him to pose for a few nice mugshots!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-12-2010, 10:52 PM

Dylan would really like a break from kennel life in a warm foster home. If you are able to foster Dylan please get in touch by completing our Fostering questionnaire online via our website.

If you are interested in re-homing Dylan please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

27-12-2010, 10:07 PM
An update from Nikki, one of our volunteers:

"Dylan bless is a patient boy. Went in his kennel put on his harness and realised I didnt have any leads. He let me go out and waited for me to come back with the leads. Leaves the kennel block quiet. We walked with Ringo and they did fine. Bumped and smelled each other with no issues. Dylan is a very sociable lad..."

[b]Dylan is currently in boarding kennels and would really love to relax in a foster home until his forever home comes along. If you think you could foster Dylan then please complete our Fostering questionnaire online.

If you are interested in re-homing Dylan please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-01-2011, 09:31 PM
I met the lovely Dylan on a group walk between Xmas & New Year. I thought he was bigger for some reason from previous pics, but he is just the normal little stocky Staffie - very cute. Here are a few photos ...

A few obligatory Staffie kisses ... not sure whose the wellies belong to!

Dylan has just gone into a foster home. Here is an update from his fosterer mum:

"After a very long journey for him yesterday I finally got Dylan back to mine at 10.30pm. Went for a walk to introduce him to Ruby, after lots of wags he kept trying to chew her ear as we walked along but they settled down a little and dragged me around the block!

He is just adorable and he and Ruby love each other. They don't stop playing so I have had to introduce 'time out' times so they don't annoy each other too soon as they are very full on together. They couldn't have got on any better, perfect match for Ruby, she loves to play fight and Dylan plays just like her and it is clean, fair Staffie playing.

We went out for 2 hours along the cliff top this morning and he was very good. He had no fear of the height and wanted to climb 160 degrees angle down to the beach, but luckily he was on a long line so I could convince him otherwise! We met 5 dogs and walkers on our travels including a Irish Wolfhound, Sheepdog, Border Terrier x and an old 'on guard' Staffie and he behaved perfectly with them all.

He is a bit manic in the house, but I am sure he will settle down. He has had no training and doesn't know right from wrong so just needs boundries and love to show him the correct way to behave. I have him on scullcap and vallerian tablets to help calm and settle him.

We have bonded quickly and he follows me everywhere (when not playing with Ruby!) this is a positive thing for training, but just shows how much he wants to and needs to be loved. He is not too clingy and did sleep in his own bed last night and is now as i type.

Already feeling him tugging at my heart strings. I just melt when I look at him. He is the perfect Staffie boy.

Some pics from today"!

Oh please can I run down there!

I name this 'Bay of Dylan'!

Pah, who is scared of water now!

Chase me, chase me!

I have just had a bath and was a very, very good boy.

Can I get back in with you?

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-02-2011, 09:13 PM
An update from Dylan’s fosterer:

“He has just been adorable as always. Soooooooooooo gorgeous.

He is a little bit hard work at night at the mo' - he wants to be on the bed all the time and doesn't understand 'down' honestly not selective. He does this floppy dead weight thing when he doesn't want to get down! He goes like a dead weight so you can't move him, very funny, but annoying when you just want to sleep. Super nanny would be very proud, I keep persevering and pick him up and put him in his own bed without a word and just like little children on super nanny, he will just jump back on again and again! Don't want it to become a habit as he really won't get down when you ask!

He is so sweet and just loves cuddles. He is ever so good and now sits every time you ask. He is not so keen on 'down' and isn't getting 'stay' at all!

He is really good out walking now and even when Ruby ran off in the woods after a small furry today he came back when I called him and stayed with me. Then she ran off again (she was a very naughty girl today) on the scent of something in the field, but he came back when I called and stayed with me - very good boy and lots of cuddles for
being so good.

No more toilet accidents, but we still haven't got a tell yet.

Some more pics of the gorgeous boy …

My ragga, no my ragga!

Just chillin with my foster mum on the sofa, aren't I cute”!

If you are interested in re-homing Dylan then please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

05-03-2011, 11:23 AM

“Oooh look what I found in foster mum's bag! Tee hee yummy apple, it is not theft, finders keepers!

I love playing! Oh and I have claimed the sofa for playing not resting.

Mean foster mum is mopping floor so we are banned from playing, just enough time for a snuggle and a nap with Ruby

Who needs a pillow when you have a Ruby!?

Dylan is available for adoption. If you are interested in re-homing Dylan then please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

28-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Dear Dylan is still doing well in foster and proving a constant source of amusement to his fosterer and she says "Why is he still up for adoption? He is just adorable, so precious and sweet. He doesn't have a bad bone in him. Just wants to love and be loved. Hope his new family come for him soon. Ruby and I love him more every day. Going to be tough to let him go".

Dilly and Ruby snuggling, so cute!

Dylan is available for adoption. If you are interested in re-homing Dylan then please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-04-2011, 09:14 PM
An update from Dylan's fosterer:

"Dylan has been really good last few weeks.

We went for a visit to my parents and he was almost an angel. He loved all the extra attention and was very well behaved. Made some friends with some calves and new dogs. Had a bit of an accident on the rug when he forgot to go outside for the toilet. Parents not impressed but he is sooooooooo cute he was forgiven pretty quick and even got roast lamb and veg for dinner. Interestingly, he did go out in the garden with some encouragement and did go to the toilet but wouldn't go out unless Ruby did. That is a great improvement than at home as he will only come in the garden (more like a yard) in daylight and will not go to the toilet. I even got some astro turf to replicate grass on the decking to tempt him further and regularly go out there with him and although he will now come out with me on the decking he will not go to the toilet! I may have to grow a tub of real grass for him!

I have removed the bin from kitchen now as he is in it the moment your back is turned. He does now know that doing things like that when you are there is not acceptable and he will leave the kitchen when asked but he will get up to mischief when you are not watching him.

He has become a regular little character in the area where I walk them now. He has lots of people and doggy friends. Now it is light we see a lot more dogs and he has made lots of friends. He loves all dogs and is very waggy and cute. He was rolling round the floor with a teacup Yorkie x a few days ago and was being Dylan style gentle clumsy, very sweet. He is so innocent and thinks every dog will be his friend. Even if they shout or nip at him he just looks hurt and tries again to be their friend. Lovely, lovely boy.

After his trip to the beach I decided as it was soooo warm on Sunday to try the river. I donned my wellies and took them down to the river edge. Ruby was straight in splashing around, Dylan took a little persuading and was shaking and trying to climb on high rocks at first but after a few mins and the promise of cuddle he came in for a wade around. Even went up to his belly but didn't fancy a swim, very brave boy. A couple of choc labs came to join us in the water and Ruby and they splashed around chasing stones whilst Dilly and I played at the water’s edge. He had a lovely time and was charging round like a lunatic after, I think he was glad of the cool water. Will have him swimming soon I think.

He is much calmer now and is listening to direction more. We still haven't mastered 'stay', 'paw' etc but he is good and will stop when you tell him 'no' he is very good to walk, always comes back and stays with me if I ask him too. Even if Ruby is naughty and runs off after a scent he will stay by my side and behave like an angel. He gets very excited with new people and will jump up and snaps and mouths. He is only playing but is very puppy like but with the strength and size of an adult dog. He is getting better but will just take time as he sees nothing wrong with his behaviour.

His chewing seems to be more under control now and he is more fixed on toys rather than random objects but will never turn down plastic or cardboard. Egg boxes, tuppaware and toilet roll are his faves!

He and Ruby are still very happy together. They can be seen asleep in the windowsill sunbathing and cuddling most days”.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

13-05-2011, 07:31 PM

“Dylan likes sticks, Ruby likes sticks because Dylan likes sticks and she knows she is faster and more agile than Dylan so can pinch his sticks and then he has to chase her and chase and then beg her to give it back! Yes, it is a bit like kiss chase!

Ruby runs off with Dylan's stick

Dylan wins stick back (rare occasion)

Dylan gets to munch on stick whilst Ruby is distracted...

Ruby realizes and then they play (kiss) tug of war for stick back. Dylan outsmarts Ruby (again, rare occasion) and chews through stick and runs off triumphantly until Ruby catches up with him and knocks him over. Yes she is a bit mean sometimes”!

Bruno needs his own home and to be able to enjoy himself like this for the rest of his life!

If you are interested in re-homing Bruno then please complete our homing questionnaire online so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >