Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post

P.S .. and this is just my opinion, but there is no way in hell I would pass on my dog to someone I did not know, unless I could guarantee they came with recommendations from some form of organisation or some one I trusted.
I know this is resolved now, but i agree 100% with this.

I am a bit perplexed as to how someone who has owned 1 dobe for a year(cassassin stated she got her dobe in 08 and lost him last year, 09) can possibly think they have enough experience within the breed to take on a dog requiring as much work as this one.
Im sorry, but in the limited time that cassassin appears to have been around the breed, it just isnt enough time to be called an expert- and an expert is what this dog needed.

I have owned GSD's for over 3 years and i work at a police dog training centre...but i would never ever dream of taking on a dog like oscar (regardless od breed) because i just havent got the experience needed for such a dog. I may want to help, but it doesnt mean i CAN help.

Originally Posted by kitty View Post
Hi everyone,
just to update you all, Oscar is now back at the RSPCA. they said to me they will re-access Oscar and re-home him somewhere more suitable, I will just have to beleive this as it will drive me mad if I start to wonder otherwise.
I have pm'd Cassassin to explain, as I feel bad for letting her down when she offered me help but in the end I felt like I didn't have a choice and I was just going round and round in circles with it all.
It has been so difficult as a family to come to a decision, I realise some people will not agree with my decision, but whats done is done, I am still trying to convince myself that I've done the right thing, but whatever happens I can't change it now.
I just want to also say a huge thank you to EVERYONE who has given their support and advice to me - whatever advice has been given, I know there would always be huge differences in opinion, and in a way I needed that to help me come to some sort of conclusion.
I really hope I can still come on here, I hope that no one will hold my previous BAD decisions against me.
We have decided in time we may get another dog, and I hope to be able to come on here and pester you all for advice, on breeds etc BEFORE i wade in with both of my very clumsy feet again.
I feel that after what happened it would also be good for my son who loves dogs but understandably a little nervous at the moment around dogs.
Thank you all so much once again, I asked for a bit of advice and crikey I didn't half get some. lol
Thanks
Kitty XXXX
You did the right thing, although i dont generally like the rspca and their work, they were 100% right to take him back.
You should move on from this and try not to let it put you off having another dog in time.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
I know this is resolved now, but i agree 100% with this.

I am a bit perplexed as to how someone who has owned 1 dobe for a year(cassassin stated she got her dobe in 08 and lost him last year, 09) can possibly think they have enough experience within the breed to take on a dog requiring as much work as this one.
Im sorry, but in the limited time that cassassin appears to have been around the breed, it just isnt enough time to be called an expert- and an expert is what this dog needed.
Said dog escaped at a training facility

So I honestly do question whether enough experience was there to cope with a dog taking into account the issues Oscar had.

Bit like a car crash waiting to happen.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by kitty View Post
Hi everyone,
just to update you all, Oscar is now back at the RSPCA. they said to me they will re-access Oscar and re-home him somewhere more suitable, I will just have to beleive this as it will drive me mad if I start to wonder otherwise.
I have pm'd Cassassin to explain, as I feel bad for letting her down when she offered me help but in the end I felt like I didn't have a choice and I was just going round and round in circles with it all.
It has been so difficult as a family to come to a decision, I realise some people will not agree with my decision, but whats done is done, I am still trying to convince myself that I've done the right thing, but whatever happens I can't change it now.
I just want to also say a huge thank you to EVERYONE who has given their support and advice to me - whatever advice has been given, I know there would always be huge differences in opinion, and in a way I needed that to help me come to some sort of conclusion.
I really hope I can still come on here, I hope that no one will hold my previous BAD decisions against me.
We have decided in time we may get another dog, and I hope to be able to come on here and pester you all for advice, on breeds etc BEFORE i wade in with both of my very clumsy feet again.
I feel that after what happened it would also be good for my son who loves dogs but understandably a little nervous at the moment around dogs.
Thank you all so much once again, I asked for a bit of advice and crikey I didn't half get some. lol
Thanks
Kitty XXXX
Im pleased Kitty that you could come to a decision, I would like to say I admire you as I know having to do what you had to do must of hurt.
As I said before hopefully you can move on and in time find that forever dog for your family.
Please do not stop posting your supported in your decison and I am sure alot of people would love to help if you wanted in choosing your next dog.

Best wishes to you and your son and your family xxxx
cassassin
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
Said dog escaped at a training facility

So I honestly do question whether enough experience was there to cope with a dog taking into account the issues Oscar had.

Bit like a car crash waiting to happen.
How very callous and hearless of you. Congratulations.

This is NOT your story to tell. Anyone who wants to know what happened to my dog can PM me for the info. I said this previously, I have nothing to hide from anyone.

Needless to say, I wish Kitty and her family the very best in the future and I am also praying for Oscar.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by cassassin View Post

This is NOT your story to tell. Anyone who wants to know what happened to my dog can PM me for the info. I said this previously, I have nothing to hide from anyone.

Needless to say, I wish Kitty and her family the very best in the future and I am also praying for Oscar.
Cassandra the information about your dog is out there in the public domain.
I don't see how it's heartless and callous to post your dog was at a training centre.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 08:55 PM

I don't think it is. I think it's fair to state I think you are full of complete and utter rubbish and I'll be making sure my VERY own email is sent off to RSPCA Preston to ensure you are not placed within an inch of Oscar.

You seem a little rattled, I wonder why!!!

I think it's fair to establish members of this forum were lucky enough not have the wool pulled over their eyes.
cassassin
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Cassandra the information about your dog is out there in the public domain.
I don't see how it's heartless and callous to post your dog was at a training centre.
It was the intent behind it. You all seem think I'm incompetent, you are so ready to jump on the ONLY person who actually had a genuine offer to help this dog get a forever home with the correct medical care and training.

I give up. I know better now. Thank you for showing me what a wonderful community y'all really are.

*sigh* let me congratulate you again for such a lovely outcome for this dog.

Nicci, you still refuse to tell me (via private message) exactly what it is you have against me.

I am rattled, because now we have NO idea where this dog will end up, period. At least with me I could have utilized contacts with Dobermann breeders who are actually doing good things for this breed to help him.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
I don't think it is. I think it's fair to state I think you are full of complete and utter rubbish and I'll be making sure my VERY own email is sent off to RSPCA Preston to ensure you are not placed within an inch of Oscar.

You seem a little rattled, I wonder why!!!

I think it's fair to establish members of this forum were lucky enough not have the wool pulled over their eyes.
oh! wow is there any need
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 08:59 PM
It was the intent behind it. You all seem think I'm incompetent, you are so ready to jump on the ONLY person who actually had a genuine offer to help this dog get a forever home with the correct medical care and training.

I give up. I know better now. Thank you for showing me what a wonderful community y'all really are.
I don't think there was any intent whatsoever but concern for Oscar and if you could really handle a dog with his issues.
If you are so knowledgeable and experienced,why have you claimed to train assistance / service dogs when infact you sent a dog which wasn't even 12 months old to a training centre ?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
oh! wow is there any need
I quite agree.....this is about Kitty and Oscar...............I think it worth remembering that and start pming the other problems to each other....Kitty does not deserve this
Closed Thread
Page 46 of 47 « First < 36 43 44 45 46 47 >