Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 11:53 AM

Which one would you choose?

deciding on my next breed i cant decide between the pug, the french bulldog and the boston terreir. im finding it hard because they are all so similar. i wanted a pug since i first saw them, however the frenchie and the boston have been added to the list because i like both and they are similar to the pug.

so i want you guys to say which one out of the three you would have, and why, and why you wouldnt have the others? i dont want any answers of oooh i wouldnt have any... if you had to pick 1 out of the 3 which one would it be.

thanks guys
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Frenchie EVERY time.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 12:04 PM
frenchie no contest
AmyH-Cornwall
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2010, 12:26 PM
I would choose the pug!!

I very nearly got a pug before I decided to ge Monty, and I have always said that one day I will get a Pug, so that would be my choice! I just love their charcater and the little snorting noises they make!

Like you said the three choices are all slightly similar and I also love Frenchies, sorry don't know much really about the Boston Terriers but I think I would have to go for the Pug!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Frenchie, then Pug and then Boston
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 12:45 PM
I`d have a German Shepherd
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Frenchie. I know a Boston terrier and all he does is bark, constantly!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 04:32 PM
thanks for your replies. im leaning towards the pug at the moment because i have liked them longer but ive also liked frenchies since i first saw them. i only met bostons on saturday at discover dogs and they were a bit vocal compared to the other two breeds.

i also have to think about what will fit in well with cresteds but i dont think thats too much of a problem.

the only other thing i thought of was that it would be pugs and cresteds on same show days, but then again utility is always with toy normally so i dont know how id get round that one.

going to do a bit more research, the library at college doesnt have any books on frenchies or bostons so might buy some.

if i cant decide i think i will just have one of each
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 04:53 PM
I thought you wanted a Boxer

Laura xx
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
thanks for your replies. im leaning towards the pug at the moment because i have liked them longer but ive also liked frenchies since i first saw them. i only met bostons on saturday at discover dogs and they were a bit vocal compared to the other two breeds.

i also have to think about what will fit in well with cresteds but i dont think thats too much of a problem.

the only other thing i thought of was that it would be pugs and cresteds on same show days, but then again utility is always with toy normally so i dont know how id get round that one.

going to do a bit more research, the library at college doesnt have any books on frenchies or bostons so might buy some.

if i cant decide i think i will just have one of each
Well if you do, please make sure their backs are x rayed and that the parents can breath a little, because most of the ones Ive been boarding lately have REALLY struggled even in mild weather. On the contrary, I have a friend with a Frenchie and a Dobe and they do hill walking regularly.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >