Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2005, 03:08 PM

owners

well took indie for a walk around the block today, and anyway, as we near the end of our walk there is this scruffy little black terrier on our side of the road yapping away at us, no collar or owner.
I figured better safe than sorry and crossed the road cos i knew indie could have a go if the other dog was gonna start. So anyway, the dog starts following us down the street yapping away from a distance Indie looked really scared actually, i think she was a bit confused as to why this dog was barking at her.

Anyway, when i got home bf's parents said he belongs to a family round the corner and hes really nasty, the owners dont really care and he escapes from the garden alot.

i dunno, i jus dont understand some owners, if hes done it alot why arent they preventing it. It could have had a worser outcome! and the poor dog could easily get run over!
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2005, 03:16 PM
Some people have dogs as possessions, they don't care what happens to them!!!!
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-02-2005, 03:23 PM
Hmm I cant comment because I once had a Yorkshire Terrier called Oliver and he was Houdini. He could scale 8ft fences, and he would launch himslef of the stairs to get over any obstacles so he could get out the door. I spent most my days retrieving him from other peoples gardens he was a nightmare.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2005, 08:39 PM
He could scale 8ft fences, and he would launch himslef of the stairs to get over any obstacles so he could get out the door.
sounds like me on a Saturday night
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-02-2005, 09:09 PM
Thats wierd. People accross the road swear blind there wee dog can get out of anything!
She attacked Blue one night and a rather disgrunteld partner came out the house shouting it's ok she doesn't have any Teeth!!!!! My answer was that Blue didn't know that! Glad to say he didn't bother much
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2005, 09:13 PM
hope i didnt offend u roxy?

it wasnt as tho the dog had got out quietly. He was barking for ages outside near where his house was.

dunno, it just seemed bizarre to me, but also the fact that others have said the owners dont really care. Its not the first time the dog has followed me down the road
stafford
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-02-2005, 09:42 PM
we have a simlar situation to you, we have a very nasty staffy living 2 doors down. it's got three legs,flees,mange.......
we get followed alot by this dog it has attempted to attak my dogs and i have reported it to the rspca re:flees etc....
and also to the dog warden as it isn't safe to take my dogs out any more but the dog warden + the rspca does not seem to be interested.....
i have even taken the dog to it's owner + he just doesn't care.

don't get me wrong staffy's are lovley i adore them, but i don't think this man is a responsible owner.

any idea's welcome...... greatly recived
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-02-2005, 09:55 PM
Jenny did you heck offend me!

I was just saying my Oliver was a little rascal. I agree you should be mad at the owners, I spent most my time apologising for Oliver and his antics. Mind you I did spend my time chasing him rather than letting him get on with it. lol

I was really just pointing out that some terriers are inherently SAS trainees!!!! lol