View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Leema
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-01-2011, 08:46 PM
It depends on the dog and when it feels safe to do so. Normally I start with a short trip to the letterbox, or to the shopping centre (1km away) and slowly increase times.

But if I'm apprehensive about it, I don't!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Update: I have been leaving mav out of his crate for short periods, I have now built up the time he can be left to just over an hour.

There has been no damage or destruction- i made extra sure everything was out of reach and they were all left together in the utility so the only thing he couldve chewed was the leather sofa which luckily he hasnt!!

So far so good- though he has just destroyed a pair of my very expensive riding boots! But i was home at the time!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 06:31 PM
It depends................. on the dog.

Most dogs go through another teething stage at around 10 months old, so beware..........

Some dogs never chew and others do it sporadically and others do it for a hobby.........
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Thats good he hasnt chewed the sofa! Shame about the riding boots though.

Jake went out his crate when he was about 7 or 8 months if i remember right... he was never a chewer, so i wanted to do it earlier but my dad made me wait lol.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Maggie was out of hers completely as soon as she was housetrained....But it was easy with her, as she had her 2 sisters to sleep with...we had no chewing at all from her...
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2