Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Hi Meg and welcome to Dogsey

If I said I want you to sit on a chair all day staring at the wall, no books, TV, entertainment of any kind allowed what would you say?

For a dog every sniff tells a story, how many dogs went that way, their sex and general health it's all there in a sniff .A walk with sniffs is the doggy equivalent of reading a book, it is their mental stimulation and prevents boredom, to try to deprive them of this is IMO unfair.

So my advice would be if you want a walk or jog without a dog sniffing take your dog out first then go alone, don't deprive it of a valuable source of mental stimulation and 'entertainment' .
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Why would you want to stop a dog sniffing on "his" walk? If you're going to prevent him from doing what comes naturally, then you are depriving him, in my opinion.

It's his walk too, you know......
I have to agree 100% with this. I doubt it's ruining HIS walk. He no doubt enjoys it. Dogs are very nose-oriented and the sniffing is all part of owning and walking a dog. I generally feel sorry for dogs who don't get to sniff and enjoy exploring the world their own way.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 08:22 PM
How else can a dog pick up his "wee mails" ?

Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Meg and welcome to Dogsey

If I said I want you to sit on a chair all day staring at the wall, no books, TV, entertainment of any kind allowed what would you say?

For a dog every sniff tells a story, how many dogs went that way, their sex and general health it's all there in a sniff .A walk with sniffs is the doggy equivalent of reading a book, it is their mental stimulation and prevents boredom, to try to deprive them of this is IMO unfair.

So my advice would be if you want a walk or jog without a dog sniffing take your dog out first then go alone, don't deprive it of a valuable source of mental stimulation and 'entertainment' .
Very well said, Mini, excellent post
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
How else can a dog pick up his "wee mails" ?

I love that!!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2