Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
That's the Spaniel in him Kel, they're all the same!

Ever since Isla was spayed she's started growing a moustache. Reminds me of me Gran!
LOL! It's even funnier as they are all black except for one single white one that sticks out like a sore thumb, which I have plucked out more than once and it just grows right back, whiter than ever lol. I will never forget the first day I brought him home my mum said "WHY DOES HE ONLY HAVE ONE WHISKER?"
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
and thats fine i dont ask everyone to agree..- what i will say though, is i never refered to a labradoodle as a mongel, like your making out! Infact i didnt refere to any particle dog as a mongrel.

there are many opinions on here i dont agree with..but hey you cant please them all )
Now that thats all out of the way Have you any photos of your dog on here yet?
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Why should people explain how they present there dog for a show, it doesnt harm them .. so whats it to anyone else?
Plus maybe you would like to exaplain how your two dogs are now from decent breeders when before you have said one was brought from the back of a shed, from a breeder that didnt care let alone test! no you dont need to explain to us, as its nothing to do with us! Just like how people present there dogs has nothing to do with others!
what makes me laugh is these people that think they know everything about dogs shows yet havent attended, maybe you should all come to a show and see how much people really love there dogs and wouldnt see anything done to harm them!
Until then people need to stop judging, yes have an opinion on what you THINK you know, but to judge everyone on something you no nothing about is disgusting! I guess all labradoodle breeders are back yard breeders? no didnt think so, not every show person keeps there dogs cramped in cages or only cares about winning either.

Judging a book by its cover and branding all show people the same is for small minded people.
I HAVE NEVER SAID THAT actually because it isn't true so you have your facts wrong there. ~So you are saying I HAVE TO STOP JUDGING, BUT OTHERS DON'T? I personally don't agree with showing dogs and poncing them up but then I wouldn't have a dog that doesn't look like a dog! My family and husband like a big dog and one with hair - that is our choice and that is what we have got. The difference is that I do not stop people showing do I? Nor do I go around slating other preoples choice or say that Joe Blogs sells their dogs for too much etc. It is personal choice like I keep saying and my opinion is put on here like you and all the others do - that is what forums are for. As for the rescues and shelters being full of crossbreeds in my experience and research there are many more Labs, SBT's, Collies, Lurchers etc in shelters than Labradoodles and there is only 1 Labradoodle Rescue whereas there are many more rescues for lots of other breeds.
gizooty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-04-2010, 09:14 AM
NOW NOW NOW people... calm down...

so to recapp..

the CC Might get waxed, but i have yet to meet any one who does this, and if i did, id probly punch them.

a Lot of dogs get shaved, be it for showing, or just pet clips..
it dosnt Harm the dogs,
it dosnt depress the dogs,
it isnt making the dog feel Embarrased,

Grooming.. almost EVERY breed of dog gets groomed one way or another, and if you dont, then you are frankly crule.

showing, ALMOST every show dog is highly spoilt and get the Best of things to keep them at the top condition.
yes you get the rotten ones, but do you think they will be on a fourm for dog lovers?? Nope, so lets just find some love, and go and get all the bad people out there,
im already on a mission to OUT bad breeders in the CC and Afghan, Mutt world... what are you doing to help out??
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by AllyLambell View Post
As for the rescues and shelters being full of crossbreeds in my experience and research there are many more Labs, SBT's, Collies, Lurchers etc in shelters than Labradoodles and there is only 1 Labradoodle Rescue whereas there are many more rescues for lots of other breeds.
but the labradoodle isnt a breed so the fact there is actually a labradoodle rescue, is quite shocking... there arent rescues for most other crossbreeds (i say most coz i dont know if any other 'designer' breeds have a breed specific rescue)...
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Apparently there is a "Club" for Puggle owners so its possible they have a rescue attached to it. This was told to me this morning by a friend who Shows her Pugs
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Wiskers are sensory, we have no real understanding how a dog feels with or without them, but because we don't understand I don't think its right, its not going to harm them physically, but I'm going to bring up another example, dew claws, many people take them off, because it was the norm, and everything, and there have been studies to show that dogs use them when running, and that dogs with them removed have a higher chance of getting arthiritious, there is also someone (a trainer if I remember right, or someone who is heavily involved in dogs) who said that when she watched slow motion videos of dogs running who had the dew claws removed they were wobbily, but people who didn't understand the need for them, or do research and have them removed could of set their dog up for problems later on, now I don't believe that pysically a dog will be harmed by its whiskers being removed, but how do we know about physicogically? A dog may not use its wiskers the same way as a cat or rabbit, they may not be used in a day to day basis, but they are sensory, have you ever had your dog sleeping somewhere, and something brushed agaisn't its wiskers and it woke up? And have you ever had something like your hair cut short, it takes a while to get use to, and we choose that, a dog doesn't choose to have its wiskers taken off, and until someone magically turns into a dog, has wiskers for a while, and then has them taken off by someone then to me they can't say they know how they feel to have something that helps animals feel, whether or not its necassary or not.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by AllyLambell View Post
I HAVE NEVER SAID THAT actually because it isn't true so you have your facts wrong there. ~So you are saying I HAVE TO STOP JUDGING, BUT OTHERS DON'T? I personally don't agree with showing dogs and poncing them up but then I wouldn't have a dog that doesn't look like a dog!

My, so unless you have a large mixed breed dog, that does not get groomed or clipped, you dont have a proper dog...or in your words,, doesn't look like a dog

My family and husband like a big dog and one with hair - that is our choice and that is what we have got. The difference is that I do not stop people showing do I? Nor do I go around slating other preoples choice or say that Joe Blogs sells their dogs for too much etc.

Maybe not, but you have enough to say about those who show their dogs, so its a case of criticise others and expect to receive it back.

You still have not said whether your dogs (both of them( parents had been health tested... it would be very interesting to know, since you feel its cruel and detrimental to a dog to be shown, yet dont hold the same displeasure for someone breeding dogs without any though to health.

It is personal choice like I keep saying and my opinion is put on here like you and all the others do - that is what forums are for. As for the rescues and shelters being full of crossbreeds in my experience and research there are many more Labs, SBT's, Collies, Lurchers etc in shelters than Labradoodles and there is only 1 Labradoodle Rescue whereas there are many more rescues for lots of other breeds.

They are also there for others to disagree and challenge opinions they dont agree with.

Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Apparently there is a "Club" for Puggle owners so its possible they have a rescue attached to it. This was told to me this morning by a friend who Shows her Pugs
Would that be because they (owners) are puddled

Sorry , couldn't`t resist.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Wiskers are sensory, we have no real understanding how a dog feels with or without them, but because we don't understand I don't think its right, its not going to harm them physically, but I'm going to bring up another example, dew claws, many people take them off, because it was the norm, and everything, and there have been studies to show that dogs use them when running, and that dogs with them removed have a higher chance of getting arthiritious, there is also someone (a trainer if I remember right, or someone who is heavily involved in dogs) who said that when she watched slow motion videos of dogs running who had the dew claws removed they were wobbily, but people who didn't understand the need for them, or do research and have them removed could of set their dog up for problems later on, now I don't believe that pysically a dog will be harmed by its whiskers being removed, but how do we know about physicogically? A dog may not use its wiskers the same way as a cat or rabbit, they may not be used in a day to day basis, but they are sensory, have you ever had your dog sleeping somewhere, and something brushed agaisn't its wiskers and it woke up? And have you ever had something like your hair cut short, it takes a while to get use to, and we choose that, a dog doesn't choose to have its wiskers taken off, and until someone magically turns into a dog, has wiskers for a while, and then has them taken off by someone then to me they can't say they know how they feel to have something that helps animals feel, whether or not its necassary or not.
Chaz, you just said it yourself, unless you are a dog you are not going to understand if they miss them or not...so you comparing them to having your hair cut , and having to get used to a new style along with being physiologically traumatised is all speculation and imaginary on your part.

As to them losing balance and arthritis being a factor in later life due to dew claw removal.... I would just love to see the evidence of that one!!

Let me tell you from "experience " of owning breeds that have their dew claws removed, it effects them not one jot, either physiologically or physically!! they dont miss them, they dont know they had them, and they dont lack balance.... but then again, as you say, I am not a dog , so cant really know, other than owning dogs over the yrs with and without dew claws..and never have I noticed any difference between the two.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
They are also there for others to disagree and challenge opinions they dont agree with.

Would that be because they (owners) are puddled

Sorry , couldn't`t resist.
Thanks for making me laugh on my lunch hour!!
Closed Thread
Page 13 of 31 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 > Last »