Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2021, 06:42 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 3rd December, 2021

Good morning all, still feeling pretty awful shall be glad to get it sorted at the hospital on Tuesday. I hope you and your four legged friends are all keeping well.

Lynn, was it yesterday Dillon saw the vet again and if so how did you get on with him. Give him a big hug from me and that goes for all our doggie friends.

Stay safe and well everyone, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-12-2021, 07:30 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Well results are back, bit confusing regarding the blood panel. They were checking for cancer signs highly elevated red or white cells none of which showed up thank goodness in fact the vet said for his age those reading were remarkable.
However he does have higher than normal calcium levels which indicates his kidneys or liver most likely kidneys in his case as it was picked up his kidneys were not doing so well back in July are not filtering as they should so one to be watched.
The urinalysis test also showed up a bit dilute and ot was the first pee of the morning so should be more concentrate but the pee itself isn't showing any proteins it shouldn't.
They haven't ruled tumours the blood test wouldn't show a tumour necessarily so we still have to accept there could be something underlying not showing that only imaging would show, one to think about in the New Year possibly see how things go.
So a tale of two halves really we know a bit more but not a lot more.
So he had two Gabapentin with his Pardale at 3.30 yesterday he normally has them at 2.30 but we were later due to the new vet finding her way round things and everything having to be signed off by the regular vet who is supervising her. He then had his next two Pardale at 09.00 pm and alongside two Gabapentin. Gorden stayed on the sofa to see how things went.
Well for the first time since June we all had a good night sleep, Dillon moved maybe twice in the night he didn't react to the cats who had a spat about 1/2 hour after settling down and not even when Gorden went to the bathroom and had to go round him.
He is abit dopey today so we we are going to do 2 twice daily instead of 2 three times daily and see how we go we don't want him totally zonked out all day to if we can help it. If it comes to that well we have to reconsider his quality of life.
We think we were looking at pain with the constant shuffling about indoors through the night and the in and out sleeping out and the panting, so here's to a more settled Dillon for a while yet. Albeit with the help of drugs.

Moyra roll on Tuesday for you. Hugs.
griff glad you got the tax sorted for Steve sorry about the neighbours again. We totally understand the effects of sleep deprivation.
Chris that was a good idea regards the letters for Gary that also helped your other son.

When Gorden was a trainee teacher and had to do a stint in the local primary school he picked up two struggling children which much like Steve were waved away as troublesome by the teacher. One did have hearing issues and the other was struggling with scissors and Gorden realised they left handed. Teacher was most annoyed he had seen the problem and it turned out a hard teacher training few weeks for him as they rubbed each other up the wrong way.
Mark then went to the school and she was a nightmare to him and a friend of his we ended pulling Mark out as Gorden was then teaching in Harlow and Mark got the offer of a place in that school with a lovely teacher who became a friend and Mark flew.
Michael finished Primary then went onto Junior where Mark was he never went through the doors of the Junior school as she was teaching there.
Sad sad sad when parents and teachers disregard children struggling.

Stay safe and keep well everybody.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2021, 08:15 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Hope all got well at the hospital on Tuesday for you Moyra

At least some good news for Dillon even if not all the answers. Good also you all got a decent nights seep. Gentle hugs to the gentle giant.

Well dn Kelly on sorting everything out for Steve. Such a shame he didn't get the help he needed when younger it makes life so much more difficult when'd an adult. Hope you find somewhere cheap for you and the dogs for a few days to get some much needed sleep.

Wet and miserable here. Have the plumber here at the moment for a leaking tap. New tap needed so he is off to Screwfix to get it. The firm I use are very good and never do anything more than is needed so never overcharged.

Hope all are well. Take care
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2021, 09:08 AM
Morning all. Well what a wet morning. Just as well I am indoors training. Well hopefully training. I haven't heard that I am not. Hope all goes well with Dillon now Lynn. Never easy when they are getting older and have health problems. Chris hope your pain eases off very soon. Sue just when you thought it was all finished something crops up. Kelly you sound like Sue, need a medal both of you for what you do for people. Moyra I am sure the medics will sort you out. Have a good day all.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2021, 01:54 PM
Training was amazing. This pup is so bright. Hope you are all having a good afternoon.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2021, 02:53 PM
Lynn, so pleased Dillon was a little more settled.
Sue, hope your tap is sorted
Ahhhh, lovely to hear the training is going well Brenda
Good luck with the hospital appointment Moyra
Don't feel any better for having had my infusions....I had to get the Tesco delivery today, i was worn out at the end, there was only 5 bags! Steve's car has been picked up, the guy started it and it ran fine lol....it would start missing again when it got hot. Hopefully the money should be in the bank tonight, the wipers aren't broken...they all work fine it was just him.... after I spent 2 hours looking for parts!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2021, 07:50 PM
Dad's just had a word with the woman next door... just have to wait and see what was said, hopefully he will ring and let us know
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2021, 11:11 PM
Well, she is a complete div. Apparently, she has had a word with her daughter...she just takes no notice...but it's because of her problems, she was mortified the other day and wanted to come round ( no you didn't or you would have and if you were scared, you could have put a note through the door) apparently her daughter has mental health problems...my dad just said that's not really our problem and to have a word with her again as it's becoming too much and the dogs are fighting.....to which she stated, yes... your dogs bark a lot when the post man comes....they don't, maybe 2 minutes tops. Basically she is doing her usual of trying to pick fault with others to cover her own back. I spoke to my nice neighbour who confirmed the dogs don't bark excessively and she said "they are dog's... that's what they do". The lady at the end has mental health issues, she doesn't cause anyone any issues, the problem with next door is, the daughter is spoilt, she can't be told no and has a tantrum if she doesn't get her own way.....this is how pathetic the mother is, she pays £1500 a month for a house, the top floor is ensuite...she has twins, a polite lad who doesn't live there anymore ( stayed 1 night and left) she gave the daughter the top floor because " in their last rental she burnt the carpet and the top floor has wood flooring". Now, I wouldn't be rewarding her carelessness with an ensuite and I would imagine that wood flooring is more expensive to replace than carpet. I may have had a full volume rant at a lack of parenting skills and the offer to give her a slap if she can't do it...and I may have also pointed out that it's a bit rich her being an alleged social worker judging other families when she can't sort her own out. Two 16 year olds, neither can live together as in her words they don't get on " Olivia" hates her brother. The lad is raised by his dad and step mum and doesn't slam doors bang o the walls so I think we know who the problem is