Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-02-2012, 09:26 PM

Found - Yorkie type dog - Telford

My daughter spotted this wee lad running up and down our street an hour ago. Thought it was our neighbours, it's not Called the police and left details, will phone dog warden and vets in the morning. He was absolutely freezing, had his collar and leash attached (no tag).

Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2012, 09:43 PM
what a wee shame, collar and lead attached though - wonder if he has bolted if owner has slipped over or something ?? poor wee one
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Hubby has taken Ranger for a walk to see if he can see anyone looking for him. He's a lovely friendly wee boy
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2012, 06:34 AM
Poor lad must have been so frightened. Lucky that you found him. Good luck tracing the owners..... such a sweet boy, they must be out of their minds with worry.....
suew
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Is he microchipped? Try the local vets, they will be able to scan him, and the owner may have rung round the vets, especially if he is registered there, the staff may even recognise him. Let them know at least that you have him,as that is the first place the owner will try. So glad you found him, lucky boy, at least he is safe and warm, he looks lovely
The scenario re his owner falling over does seems likely, he would have run off scared, especially as his lead is attached.
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-02-2012, 07:53 PM
No he wasn't microchipped. We took him to our vets to check, left our details there and at the other vets in the are, came home and phoned the dog warden. They got our local dog home to call us and we took him over to them. Then at 2 o'clock this afternoon my door went. It was the neighbour (the woman this time), oh it was their dog!!!! The blooming idiot boyfriend (let's just say he smokes special tobacco), had told us their dog was asleep upstairs, but obviously it wasn't it was out running the streets in the snow. She had been on night shift, and had only just discovered it was their dog So I told her he had been taken to kennels. She phoned up and is collecting him tomorrow. Poor wee thing going back to them She has 3 horrible kids, who last year let their other puppy be run over on the road and killed. He was a real sweetie, and I had to give the kids into trouble one day as they were picking it up by the neck and carrying it around like that!! They were forever letting it run out into the road. I feel awful at the thought of the same thing happening to this one
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2012, 08:28 PM
horrid - why on earth was his lead and collar attached then? had the guy forgotten he was going to walk him. I think I would report it aswell to dog warden etc..
Closed Thread