Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by metz
edinburgh is fantastic the history is wonderful yet the nightlife is brilliant! if you are looking for a more peaceful place then auchendean is more appropriate this is a very quiet stunning place of the highlands im thinking of going there myself. its by dulnain bridge close to inverness! if you wish i can email you the details of the brochure which im sure you will agree is lovely.

ash

Thanks that would be great, thanks ash
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2005, 09:20 AM
you can also go onto the website at www.auchendean.com i think that will show you the hotel aswel it backs onto the river, bliss!
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Hi all the pics are so lovely, its hard to decide, so thought we would go to edinburgh, have a look around there, (must say i do fancy aviemore sounds lovely especially with the whisky trail, that will be right up dads street, lol,) then we can decide where we go from there, but it all looks so beautiful. TY all.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2005, 03:05 PM
hi woofer - just to say edinburg his lovely ( its where I live !! )
Aviemore is great too - loads of nice scenery and loads for the dog - if you are taking it. Howver I do think the west coast is more scenic - so oban/fort william/mull of kintyre - really beautiful especially the train route.....

just choose a time when the weather is good - its beautiful right now !!!
if you would like any recommendations for hotels in edinburgh or restaurants etc - give me a shout !!
dani
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog
hi woofer - just to say edinburg his lovely ( its where I live !! )
Aviemore is great too - loads of nice scenery and loads for the dog - if you are taking it. Howver I do think the west coast is more scenic - so oban/fort william/mull of kintyre - really beautiful especially the train route.....

just choose a time when the weather is good - its beautiful right now !!!
if you would like any recommendations for hotels in edinburgh or restaurants etc - give me a shout !!
dani

Thank you dani will do, hopefully booking for the 19 august as if we book the tickets this week it will only cost just under £100 for 4 adults and 2 kids whic is a bargain.
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2005, 05:25 PM
I'll second that. I'm in Edinburgh too. If you decide to come up the witchery tour is fantastic!!!
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-07-2005, 02:52 PM
thats where i want to live when i get my nursing jaquie love edinburgh
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-07-2005, 06:39 PM
My cousin lives just outside Aviemore, which used to be a nice, quiet wee highland village. It's a bit garish these days and a bit "commercial", because of the ski-ing. My dogs love it at her house - big garden, trees., lots of rabbits and great walks. You have to avoid the nesting season, but August is well out of it.

Inverness has its attractions, too - good views, bottle-nosed dolphins and reasonable shopping (compared to here, that is ). On the west coast, there's Kyle of Lochalsh, which is the ferry terminus for the isle of Skye, which is overwhelming. The beer's OK, too

And, of course, there's here (see my webbie in profile) - loads of beaches, great food, great beer - but I admit it's awkward to get to. Disguise yourself as a phone bill - they always get here quickly!

Snorri
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest
My cousin lives just outside Aviemore, which used to be a nice, quiet wee highland village. It's a bit garish these days and a bit "commercial", because of the ski-ing. My dogs love it at her house - big garden, trees., lots of rabbits and great walks. You have to avoid the nesting season, but August is well out of it.

Inverness has its attractions, too - good views, bottle-nosed dolphins and reasonable shopping (compared to here, that is ). On the west coast, there's Kyle of Lochalsh, which is the ferry terminus for the isle of Skye, which is overwhelming. The beer's OK, too

And, of course, there's here (see my webbie in profile) - loads of beaches, great food, great beer - but I admit it's awkward to get to. Disguise yourself as a phone bill - they always get here quickly!

Snorri

Brilliant snorri, thanks for the advice, everywhere sounds so great, wish i could do a couple of months i would see the lot. Phone bill, :smt043
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by jacquie
I'll second that. I'm in Edinburgh too. If you decide to come up the witchery tour is fantastic!!!
I used to live there, too, and if I absolutely HAD to live in a city again, I'd go back there rather than anywhere else. However, I'm reminded of what I used to say to colleagues who asked why I wanted to live in Orkney, of all places - "Fewer morons per metre"!!!!!!

Seriously, Edinburgh is a great place, just try to avoid going there when the Festival is on. The Festival is good fun, but the place fills up with millions of tourists and you can't get a bed for megabucks. If you see a flash in the street, you're hard-pushed to tell whether it was a camera or an American baring his teeth!

I was born there, I lived there for more years than I care to remember, and I love it, but I don't live there now (I live where I used to come on holiday!). My sister still lives there, though.

Snorri
(Edinburgh was a sad, dogless place for me. I'm making up for it now!)
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2