Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-05-2009, 06:21 PM

Terrier racing!

The first time I've participated and it was Megs first time too

Well, she won heat 3 (terriers over 12 inches and under 12 months) and was 2nd in the final

Only problem being she chases the terrier infront instead of the lure! She only won her heat as she went flying past the lead terrier to turn and play-fight with it and crossed the line first, in the final she just rocketed after the lead terrier!! She's mega fast and clearly loved it, only she wanted to kill everything at the end!!

Terriers

Anyway, that made up for being asked to leave the ring with her in the Lakeland, Border, Patterdale, Welsh terrier under 12 months due to not being a 'worker'

Brier (Saarloos x) won Reserve BIS and she and her puppy Cala both won their classes
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 07:22 PM
Very well done!!

Its a problem with some of the more fiery breeds and the reason I dont run mine at Terrier shows much. Breeze had a chunk out of her face taken out by a Patterdale as a youngster, so I tend to run them on their own or with dogs I know.

Its great fun though, the dogs love it, Im racing this weekend at Ellesmere Port grehound track, bit far for you?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Congratulations, sounds like a great day out...never considered that about Terriers but will bear it in mind.

Dawn....can we get this straight woman its the wrong darned weekend for me......can we please ask people to organise things on my weekends off............ie the weekend after this one..or this weekend just gone. I have every other weekend off...and is there still nothing nearer home.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Sounds like fun, well done to both of them
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Congratulations, sounds like a great day out...never considered that about Terriers but will bear it in mind.

Dawn....can we get this straight woman its the wrong darned weekend for me......can we please ask people to organise things on my weekends off............ie the weekend after this one..or this weekend just gone. I have every other weekend off...and is there still nothing nearer home.
Ill have a word Kazz I'd love to see you there.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Dawn I have said time and time again I will not run...I would not like to beat everyone hands down.......however Sal will run......
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 12:12 AM
LOL, she'll do great!! Im sure you will too