Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 11:21 PM

Silverlight .....

I've had a hotmail account for years and could send photo attachment with no problems (turning more than one photo into an album). That option does not appear any more and something called 'silverlight' now seems to operate my attachments.
It's driving me mad and invariably a black bar appears along the top of the email informing me that the 'silverlight plug-in has crashed'. I want to revert back to what I had before and get rid of this awful silverlight - is it possible.
I use google chrome and have done for some time. Any advise would be great
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

09-01-2012, 08:49 AM
Azz will probably know more if he spots this thread as he knows more web related stuff than me. Having said that, I've never heard a good word spoken about Silverlight and have even seen rumours that Microsoft is trying to quietly let it die in favour of supporting HTML5.

So, advise. Based on the assumption that Google are better than Microsoft at following web standards, migrate over to using Gmail & Picasa. I'd guess that these will intergrate far better with Google Chrome!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

09-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Silverlight is Microsofts answer to Flash. It isn't used much and many people (like myself) won't install it. Maybe if you uninstall it it will use flash instead?
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Hi thanks for the replies. Azz, I never installed it in the first place so not sure how to un-install it. I'll have to wait for my son to come round and see if he can work it out.
Thanks again.