Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-05-2008, 02:30 PM

Southern Counties catalogue

Hi,

Is there a separate catalogue for each day at a Champ show, or is it all in one (presumably quite large) catalogue? Just wondered if anyone who's been today has one which covers the whole show, and if so does it say how many are in Airedale Terrier puppy bitch tomorrow? It's our first Champ show! I don't relish being the thought of being the only ones in the ring as seems to be the case sometimes looking at previous show results for Airedales, but equally turning up to find 10 others puppies seems quite scary to a novice like me!!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

30-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Catalogues are split into the breeds that are on -on the day.

The number of entries for each breed for champ shows usually appear in the Dog press i.e.Dog World or Our dogs a week or so before the show.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2008, 03:12 PM
but equally turning up to find 10 others puppies seems quite scary to a novice like me!!
Ten entries is not too bad if they all turn up since if you are not placed you will leave the ring in company, whereas if there are six in the ring... and five places .... and you are not one of them ...... been there done that!
Go in believing that yours is the best by far and you are doing an exhibition round ie be confident!
Good luck and tell us all about it when you get back!
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by AiredaleKate View Post
Hi,

Is there a separate catalogue for each day at a Champ show, or is it all in one (presumably quite large) catalogue? Just wondered if anyone who's been today has one which covers the whole show, and if so does it say how many are in Airedale Terrier puppy bitch tomorrow? It's our first Champ show! I don't relish being the thought of being the only ones in the ring as seems to be the case sometimes looking at previous show results for Airedales, but equally turning up to find 10 others puppies seems quite scary to a novice like me!!
I'm not going til Sunday, but in Airedales there are 53 dogs, with 56 entries. Not sure how many classes you have but having a minor puppy bitch indicates quite a few classes including possibly puppy, junior, grad, post grad, limit and open bitch so there may not be many entries in each. Might be skewed though!
Good luck whatever.
Mary
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2008, 07:47 PM
Looking at the schedule there are 11 classes. There is no minor puppy class so everything will be in the puppy class. You could work out roughly how many will be in your class by the entry number divided by the class so your looking at no more than say 5 or 6.
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Ah well, there were 5 entries, only 3 there and we got 3rd! The other two puppies in her class are both having their 1st birthdays in the next week or so, so our little one at just 8 months looked a real baby beside them. She behaved perfectly though and seemed to enjoy her day, and that's the main thing we wanted.

Her brother on the other hand got best Airedale puppy
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Glad you enjoyed your day and at least you've qualified so you don't have to worry about it, just enjoy the next shows. There tomorrow, so hopefully not too muddy.
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Nope, not muddy at all.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

31-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Glad you both enjoyed your day. You fwll feel better now you have done it once and next time it will be a dawdle for you . Well done