Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Kaos as a puppy

kaos as an adult, on the right of the photo,, not the clearest markings in the world,

Barry
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Aww poor Vinnie, LOL i like her markings, and as you said, if anything as she gets older the darken and dull down a bit, so best to have them prominent early days, than to have a pup fairly little colour or markings, seems then you have less to work with? Am i making any sense?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 12:28 PM
yup, holly is almost not marked at the front,,,very dark, but its not held her back, she qualified for crufts first time in the ring,,,so Im guessing overall conformation is higher in value to most judges,,, {I hope or im doomed with holly lol}
Barry
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-04-2008, 12:51 PM
I,m sure you will be fine, as you say, think the markings are an after thought, althou like anything you'll get the odd judge who looks for them, with a different preference thou!?
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2008, 05:12 PM
She is certainly very pretty, I like her.

They certainly can change a lot - when I look back at pics of Marius he seems to change on a daily basis lol

Totally agree with your comments about Romanmoor Adam - Kel. He certainly was a looker

My first Rottie was sired by a Romanmoor dog. I used to board my dogs at their kennels!!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Kaos as a puppy

kaos as an adult, on the right of the photo,, not the clearest markings in the world,

Awwww my wee girl and her daddy,one of my fav pics Shona,sorry Barry but I soooo love the pic,xxxxxxxx
Barry
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Awwww my wee girl and her daddy,one of my fav pics Shona,sorry Barry but I soooo love the pic,xxxxxxxx
Don't be silly Lorraine, thats what these threads are all about, getting everyones views and opinions! That pic is lovely thou! She's been under the weather all day today, still managed to win @dog of the week' at her classes thou, my wee lamb!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Well, following my recent remarks perhaps I had better have a go.

Would expect her to still have a good deal of growing to do, find the proportions pleasing and they show every likelihood of becoming just as I would wish to see in a well formed Rottweiler. The leg length looks correct allowing for the chest to develop and still leave enough space under the bitch once she is adult. Well boned limbs, correct angulation. Profile movement looks good but front appears a little lose at the moment. Lovely expression, clean almond eye, ears well set but perhaps a little large, this no doubt will change when the head reaches maturity.

OK Shona, do I still get a bribe or do you think I should give up Rotties before I start.

PS lovely promising puppy
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Pita View Post

Would expect her to still have a good deal of growing to do, find the proportions pleasing and they show every likelihood of becoming just as I would wish to see in a well formed Rottweiler. The leg length looks correct allowing for the chest to develop and still leave enough space under the bitch once she is adult. Well boned limbs, correct angulation. Profile movement looks good but front appears a little lose at the moment. Lovely expression, clean almond eye, ears well set but perhaps a little large, this no doubt will change when the head reaches maturity.

OK Shona, do I still get a bribe or do you think I should give up Rotties before I start.

thanks pita,,such a nice critique for barry {who is just about to start his showing} and coming from a judge qualifed to give CC's such a boost,,,
cant wait untill your judging rotties,,,{let me know when and the bribes in the post,, shhhhhsshhh though dont tell a sole,}

now ya gota go and give kaos , asta and holly a critique or they will feel left out lol,

thanks
Barry
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Pita View Post

Thank you, i feel at least i have something to work with, with Tikka, so heres hoping, we'll see how we go!!! Many thanks for everyones comments
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >