View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Barry
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Yea i agree with breeding for temprement before worrying if you have a champion on your hands. All the dogs i,ve seen are not only good appearence Rotties but also have lovely temprements!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 06:05 PM
I will start by saying I am absolutely not an expert!!! I have owned 3 Rotts in total and show as a hobby (am more novice than Marius is lol!!)

Very pretty and feminine head, ears look large but that will be an age thing (Marius is the same!! )

Good topline and I love her tail-set, to me that is how I picture a correct tail should be.

Lovely dark mouth and dark, almond shaped eyes.

Nice colouration and good markings - Really nit-picking here but I personally would prefer smaller triangle chest markings and couldn't see the pencil markings on her toes (could be pics though)

I think you will do well with her Barry, she looks lovely to me. Good luck in the ring
Barry
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Well believe me AM i,m more a novice, had 2 Rotts in my lifetime. From what i know, she has the pencil dark line markings on all her toes! Depending on how she's been brushed her chest front markings sit more prominent triangle markings when brushed upwards. She is currently losing a good bit of her puppy coat, so hoping the thickness of her coat thins slighty thus hopefully helping all round, not to mention her front chest! As the days/wks/months go by her ears become more and more in proportion, and as you say, should hopefully fit just nice as her head fully develops! Thanks for your honest comments AM, it helps you discover things blinded by biaist LOVE LOL
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Ok.

Looks well boned and well balanced for a youngster. Would prefer smaller ears and darker markings. Nice topline, good turn of stfle. Perhaps a little out on the elbow? could be the pics. Good tailset, but appears to carry it a bit high.

A nice promising pup, best of luck with her.
Dawn.
Barry
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Ok.

Looks well boned and well balanced for a youngster. Would prefer smaller ears and darker markings. Nice topline, good turn of stfle. Perhaps a little out on the elbow? could be the pics. Good tailset, but appears to carry it a bit high.

A nice promising pup, best of luck with her.
Dawn.
Thanks Dawn,
as i say, bit of a novice me, Shona's the expert or at least knows mucho more. The markings i,ve found is a matter of preference, darker for some, bold and stand out for others!? Wouldnt know if her tail is held slightly high, i,m sure this will take a few years to produce a standard for the breed due to its recent law change. Think it may be photos regarding her elbows, again i,m not experienced enuff to confirm althou Shona did seem fairly happy with her elbows!? Thanks again
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 09:58 PM
I agree many points of any dog is personal preference, I dont dislike the colour of her markings, but reading the standard, I "prefer" the mahogony to the tan, so that again is personal preference.
Barry
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I agree many points of any dog is personal preference, I dont dislike the colour of her markings, but reading the standard, I "prefer" the mahogony to the tan, so that again is personal preference.
Very true, i,ve yet to see in the flesh a Rott with clearly defined mahogany markings!? I think this would be lovely, from what i,ve seen thou, the minute you swich from the tan stand out markings, the markings fad or fuzz slighty, and are not as noticable? Just from what i,ve noticed thou!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Very true, i,ve yet to see in the flesh a Rott with clearly defined mahogany markings!? I think this would be lovely, from what i,ve seen thou, the minute you swich from the tan stand out markings, the markings fad or fuzz slighty, and are not as noticable? Just from what i,ve noticed thou!
someones been doing his homework, your right its a rare to get that clear marking in mahogany marked dogs, Mea is Mahogany, but she can depending on the time of year look sooty and the marking loose there shape a tad,
I have to say, vinnies markings have darkend with age, and became a tad smaller so we will need to see what happens with tikka,
Barry
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
someones been doing his homework, your right its a rare to get that clear marking in mahogany marked dogs, Mea is Mahogany, but she can depending on the time of year look sooty and the marking loose there shape a tad,
I have to say, vinnies markings have darkend with age, and became a tad smaller so we will need to see what happens with tikka,
yeas i sure have, getting rotti diploma at end of wk lol, next for the degree, hehe
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Hi Barry, the reason I have not worried about her markings is,,,

here is vinnie when younger his markings are massive

more of vinnie with markings reduced, he has good marking on his toes as well now,,, Just a pity about the rest of him lol

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >