View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Barry
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Just about to venture into show ring, as long as the wee cheeky takes to it!? I thought pigmentation in her mouth got darker with age? Also thought that if a bit darker the better? I,m a novice... HELP! LOL
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 09:42 PM
She is a lovely puppy.xxxx
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Really smart pup, I think she will do well. I generally prefer a more mahogany tan, Tikka is very rich like Vinnie but I certainly wouldn't say no to a pup like her. My dream rot would have been Romanmoor Adam, although I never seen him in the flesh but even just from pics, he's really my type of rot. He had more rich tan markings too.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

02-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by puremagic* View Post
She looks lovely, first time I have seen a Rottie with a tail, I have led a sheltered life these last years.
She looks to have quite dark pigmentation, but I have found from experience it can become more pink with age.
Do you intend showing her, or is she going to be a pampered well loved pet all her life !?

Is there any reason why she can't be both?????

She is gorgeous
Barry
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Is there any reason why she can't be both?????

She is gorgeous

Spot on, hopefully she can be both, but if she doesnt't take to showing then the later will do fine for me!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Really smart pup, I think she will do well. I generally prefer a more mahogany tan, Tikka is very rich like Vinnie but I certainly wouldn't say no to a pup like her. My dream rot would have been Romanmoor Adam, although I never seen him in the flesh but even just from pics, he's really my type of rot. He had more rich tan markings too.

Hi kel, tikka has romanmoor on her grandadas side, royce was a romanmoor son,

yup barry pigment is ment to be dark, so your on a winner, I have found my pups darken with age too, so you have nothing to fret about with her mouth at all
puremagic*
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Of course she can do both, all my rotties were pets first and show dogs second, some of them getting through to Crufts.
As far as pigmentation goes, diet can make a big difference as well as genetics. I had a fantastic dog (one that was shown at Crufts several times) and he had a supplement to help darken his inner lips as he got older. Then I changed his food and he didn't need supplementing after that, it is something missing in the diet that causes the pinkness.
I have a horse who loses his pigmentation in summer due to sunlight and that is a copper deficiency hence he is opn a copper supplement in summer.

My ideal dog was Ch Poirot Wham, he was one of the old type rotts, a real beauty.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Ch Poirot wham is in there lines
Barry
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Yeah Shona looking through her pedigree generations it's very impressive!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Yeah Shona looking through her pedigree generations it's very impressive!
I do my best Temprament comes before champions for me but I have been lucky in producing super pedigrees with super tempraments,, Its a lot of homework producing puppys, just as much reading, looking at diff dogs at shows as it is puppy poo lifting, but its been so worth it for me so far,
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >