Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by Rio View Post
The only two that stood out for me was the Schnauzer and the Samoyed, When they moved round the ring they owned it, The movement and profile of those dogs were very good. Hats off to the handlers they got the best out of those dogs both in the Group and Best in show line up. I hoped that one of them would win, it was a toss up but i think that the judge got it right this time. Well done to the both of them.

Absoluely..those 2 owned the ring...think maybe the schnausers maturity won the day.He looked better than ever and is a credit to the breed.
Unfortunately the shiba was not in her best coat...but she was very pretty!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
http://www.gsdleague.co.uk/Zamp.jpg

I think one proplem is understanding a 'roach' back.The dog above 'Zamp' slopes from the withers...a roach would rise from the withers and then slope.
There will always be a split in the 2 types....a difference in interpretation.It happens in many breeds to some degree....I have owned both english and germanic gsd...and know from experience which I would choose to work ...the difference in working ability in my experience was phenominal.
The dog in that picture does not have a straight back, you only need to line up a ruler along the slope to see that.
here is the bit about straight back.

Body
Length measured from point of breast bone to rear edge of pelvis, exceeding height at withers. Correct ratio 10 to 9 or 8 and a half. Undersized dogs, stunted growth, high-legged dogs, those too heavy or too light in build, over-loaded fronts, too short overall appearance, any feature detracting from reach or endurance of gait, undesirable. Chest deep (45-48 per cent) of height at shoulder, not too broad, brisket long, well developed. Ribs well formed and long; neither barrel-shaped nor too flat; allowing free movement of elbows when gaiting. Relatively short loin. Belly firm, only slightly drawn up. Back between withers and croup, straight, strongly developed, not too long. Overall length achieved by correct angle of well laid shoulders, correct length of croup and hindquarters. Withers long, of good height and well defined, joining back in a smooth line without disrupting flowing topline, slightly sloping from front to back. Weak, soft and roach backs undesirable and should be rejected. Loin broad, strong, well muscled. Croup long, gently curving downwards to tail without disrupting flowing topline. Short, steep or flat croups undesirable.

Becky
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5