View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Now I am being nosey...what breed are you looking into??

pm me if you dont want to make it public LOL!!!

If you dont want to give it away...no problem,

Just getting curious
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2008, 09:25 AM
I am not so much suspicious of someone interested in having a bitch, but I am curious. Often people have a skewed idea of the advantages/disadvantages, temperament, trainability etc.
In one of my breeds (which is on the native vulnerable breed register), getting a puppy of either sex can involve a long wait, so being open minded regarding the sex of the pup, improves the odds of being offered one - if you see what I mean.

good luck
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2008, 10:25 AM
One thing that gives me the red flag when "interviewing" prospective owners is if they have never had the breed and mention "possibly breeding" in the future, now I know it is accepted in some quarters that they will sell pups that they will allow to be bred from or sold solely to be bred from, but for me this is a worrying thing, and to be honest anyone that has given me the slightest incline that they want to breed, I have not placed them onto my list, I may have dismissed some very nice families based solely on the fact they mentioned breeding at some point, I wouldn't sell a pup to someone for this UNLESS I totally knew the people concerned, and KNEW they would ONLY breed if the dog proved itself in the showring and passed ALL relevant health checks, and ONLY at that time would I lift any restrictions.

Mo
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2008, 10:37 AM
Quite right too MO and good on you. Cosmo has restrcitions on him and we have no intention of breeding...but the breeder would waive the restriction if he fulfilled all the criteria you mentioned. Well done you.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Hi Kel, PM me, or give me a phone.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5