Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
Hi Amanda,,, welcome to dogsey,,,are your dogs parsons russells I always get confused,,,with them,,, You can show parsons at a KC event but not jacks, but most people call them all jack russells. or do you do companion showing,,,have you posted any pics of them yet,,,, would love to see them both,,,
I was just thinking the same thing

I also get confused over the Jacks and the Parsons

We have a litter of Jacks in my village at the moment and they are TINY
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 11:38 PM
I took guss {the wee PRT } to beecraigs with me tonight with holly and Kaos,,,never again,,,hes a wee bugga, just gets the head down and hes off, he comes back but only when it suits him,,,I look at the rottys with a new love and affection now,,,they are just so much easyer,,,just gona see if I can upload the photos of him now,,not that there are many,,,,too busy trying to keep the wee so and so within eyesight,,,ended up puting him back on the lead after we met a chap with a nice smelling bitch, I though no way will he stick here now,,,he will be off looking for her as soon as he gets a chance,,,
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2007, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Oh i'm glad I started this thread now! You will have to let me know Dawn, although I have never handled a terrier of any kind before, just gundogs.

I don't think i'd be prepared enough for tomorrow! I haven't been in the ring for over a year!
random, after handling a terrier you will never look back they are great
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Heavens, she's going to be sooo busy in the ring now!:smt002
amandas-jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post

I was just thinking the same thing

I also get confused over the Jacks and the Parsons

We have a litter of Jacks in my village at the moment and they are TINY
Its quite easy to tell the diffrence between a parson and jack.I have two jacks and one parson.Iam struggleing how do i upload a pic as i would to put there pics on amanda
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
I took guss {the wee PRT } to beecraigs with me tonight with holly and Kaos,,,never again,,,hes a wee bugga, just gets the head down and hes off, he comes back but only when it suits him,,,I look at the rottys with a new love and affection now,,,they are just so much easyer,,,just gona see if I can upload the photos of him now,,not that there are many,,,,too busy trying to keep the wee so and so within eyesight,,,ended up puting him back on the lead after we met a chap with a nice smelling bitch, I though no way will he stick here now,,,he will be off looking for her as soon as he gets a chance,,,
Well that scares me off Jacks then! :smt043

I used to have a pal had 4 of them and they were just as bad! Mind I also had a friend with Parsons and they seemed a lot 'tamer'. I don't really know much about about terriers mind, the only ones i've really done much looking into are staffs.

Thanx Amanda, I have only ever handled gundogs and hounds so anything else is new to me, although I have handled mini dachs, oh no I tell a lie, i've handled a staffy and bulldogs a couple of times too but only in ringcraft classes, how could I forget?!

Shona I think the Parsons have harsher coats and longer legs and the 'Jacks' are generally smoother and a bit shorter and stockier (from the ones i've met anyway).
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2007, 07:24 PM
parsons do have longer legs and when they was docked it was only the tip that was done, they come in smooth, ruff or broken coated. Jacks are shorted legged when docked they had a lot ofthe tail removed so more of a stump left and again can come in the three coats. parson are kc reg jacks not. i have 2 parson and 2 jacks and there is a diffrence even in the shape of the face nose body etc. hope that helps a bit. i can put a pic if you want to see...lol
amandas-jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-09-2007, 07:50 PM
my jacks have very long legged thou simler to a parson and they have had their tail docked but not a lot.my puppys tail isnt docked as its illegal now
amandas-jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-09-2007, 08:54 PM
so whos dog are you showing yours or what
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5