View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2007, 08:03 AM
If you were anywhere near me - which I think you aren't you could have shown my Malamute .... he goes much nicer for anyone other than me - with me he tries to do heelwork
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
yer A-se, its only another show, lol, cheaper to enter than most other champ shows too, any hoo my dogs are push button, :smt042 :smt043 dogs they always know whats expected,,,lol, lets face it most of us know whos won before we even get there, lol, its just another show, ps I noticed some of the experianced handlers got in a right taz this year when I was handling IWH's they just get so wound up,,,makes the novice handlers look soooooogooood,

rotts are a doddle to show, they just stand in front keeping an eye out for grub, cant go wrong with them, lol,

kaos at skc,

holly at skc

[url=http://imageshack.us]
[/
True, but still, i'd be scared enough at Crufts with my own dog never mind messing up someone elses chance! :smt043

Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
Yer daft buggar

Kel, if I'd known this before the Northern Inuit Oldham show, you could of took Lupin in Would of saved my hands getting crushed
See when people put a devil face up I know that you want to stand there at the side of the ring pointing and laughing!

Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
If you were anywhere near me - which I think you aren't you could have shown my Malamute .... he goes much nicer for anyone other than me - with me he tries to do heelwork
Awww bless him, that's a shame but he's just being a good boy and doing what he thinks you want him too isn't he? Little (big!) sweetie.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 10:47 AM
LOL, looks like you have lots of offers now - you'll be a pro-handler and charging folks in no time!

rotts are a doddle to show, they just stand in front keeping an eye out for grub, cant go wrong with them, lol,

LOL Shona, tell that to Marius - he'd rather lick the judges face than watch his grub and stand still!!! Even hot-dog sausage didn't stop him slurping over the judge at ringcraft
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 10:58 AM
Kel,
You would be more than welcome to show Tyler,while he shows everyone how to clown around,roll onto his back and try and hump anything on four legs!

When you've cracked it I'll have him back lol
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 11:04 AM
LOL! You lot are great, but hang on, maybe I should change the thread to "Can anyone lend me a well behaved dog!" :smt043

Ahhh more exciting when they are a wee bit naughty and you are standing them in the ring thinking 'plz dont move, plz dont sit, plz don't give a paw'! :smt043
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
LOL, looks like you have lots of offers now - you'll be a pro-handler and charging folks in no time!

LOL Shona, tell that to Marius - he'd rather lick the judges face than watch his grub and stand still!!! Even hot-dog sausage didn't stop him slurping over the judge at ringcraft
awe bless, at least he is a loving wee sole, lets face it there is a lot worse a dog can do to a judge when they are going over a dog, just ask terry thorn.

hes just a babe,,,,, ps since im a nice sorta gall,,, I will share my secret,,,re bait,, when in the ring,I often get people ,giving it ,,pssst ! hoy shona...psssst,,shona! when you look round they say what TF kind of bait are you using,,,my dog got a whiff and now I cant keep his attention on me he keeps looking past me at you,,,,,give us some,,,,which being the nice person I am,,, I give em a hand full,

believe it or not,,,,,its only Kebab meat,,,,,Never met a dog yet that dont like it, most love it, the other thing I give when showing is Lamb, I normaly use liver or whatever in training, but if I want a bit more I use kebab meat, I only use it in training on the odd occasion, so its extra special, that way you get that wee bit more va va voom, at shows, its advisable to do one training session with it before a show,,, just to make sure the va va voom is not more va va boom give me the bait, some dogs do go a bit mental for it,,,,,,,give it a try and let me know how you get on
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
its advisable to do one training session with it before a show,,, just to make sure the va va voom is not more va va boom give me the bait, some dogs do go a bit mental for it,,,,,,,give it a try and let me know how you get on
And this is exactly why I can't use anything with Maddy. :smt043

In fairness she is fine without it but she goes mental for food and concentrates more on getting the food than what ur trying to tell her to do.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Last time I took Max to a "fun" dog show, the judge came to look him over and he turned round and presented her with his bottom

He refused to even look at her whilst she was near us, but as soon as she'd moved on, he turned round, tail wagging, being all friendly again....

No wonder people say Boxers are hard to show!
amandas-jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-09-2007, 10:25 PM
how good are you at showing-grooming skills-showing.As i have two pedigree jack russells a 2year old and a 9month old pup.Both dogs have over 37 1st.....
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 11:14 PM
how good are you at showing-grooming skills-showing.As i have two pedigree jack russells a 2year old and a 9month old pup.Both dogs have over 37 1st.....
Hi Amanda,,, welcome to dogsey,,,are your dogs parsons russells I always get confused,,,with them,,, You can show parsons at a KC event but not jacks, but most people call them all jack russells. or do you do companion showing,,,have you posted any pics of them yet,,,, would love to see them both,,,
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >