Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2007, 01:32 PM

Companion Shows?

I'd love to go to a few companion shows with my two, I think it'd be really fun, but how do you find out about them?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2007, 01:37 PM
The dog papers run ads for them and usually your local press as well but be warned, they are fun but there are those that take them seriously (for some bizarre reason) and throw temper tantrums if they don't win. One person even complained to the Kennel Club because she didn't win best in show lol! They told her that any dog pure or cross could win!I mean it's not as if you list your companion show wins down on your kennel pages is it
Becky
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Hahahaha! No I just fancy a bit of fun! How would I go about getting a dog paper? Sorry, such a stupid question I know :P
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2007, 02:17 PM
They tend not to start till about May then run thru the Summer
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2007, 02:18 PM
Dog World and Our Dogs you can order from your newsagent.
Becky
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Ok, thanks!
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Hiya , some agricultural shows have companion dog shows included. There's also one local to me at a horse 3 day event. Last summer , I went to one at a terrier and lurcher show. Also , some of the dog rescues hold shows for fundraising. I found all of these on the internet. It took a while looking and having to type different things into google but I found some. Hope you find some and enjoy them , they're a good relaxing day out.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

11-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Hi Not trying to put you off but just feel you should n be made aware that Dog World and Our Dogs are weekly publications and cost £2 odds each a bit expensive just to see if there ar ny companion shows on. Do you not know anyo ne who gets these publications and could tell you? If not you can if you want pm me and let me have your e mail address and I shall email you if there are any in your area. I only get Dog World.
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2007, 09:57 PM
That is a bit expensive, didn't think it would be that much. I'll ask around and see if anyone I know gets the papers and then get back to you. Thanks!
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2007, 02:20 PM
The Kennel advertise some Companion dog shows on there website. I think it's just the ones which have Companion Club classes.
I have pm'd you the link
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >