Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2006, 10:18 AM

GSD needing home

A lady I know from another list is sadly having to rehome her 2 year old GSD male as per her message below. I can provide photos if anyone is interested.

Sorry I haven't been around for a couple of weeks.I haven't had the best of times and I have had a decision to make which has been playing on my mind for a long time now......... .......but I cannot put it off any longer.
My fits are not decreasing with the new tablets and I have now been taken off the new meds, as they are reducing me to a zombie like state,for most of the day. If they were doing their job,i.e., reducing or stopping the fits, it would be almost worth it, but they aren't, so I have to go back to my consultant and try yet another type of medication, as well as the ones that I am on now.
The decision that I have made is that I am going to have to rehome my Connor. He is petrified when I have a fit......... .to the point of running away and wetting himself.( ((((((((( ((((((((( I haven't been able to exercise him for a couple of weeks ,as I am scared that if something does happen, he will just run, and the possible outcomes of that are a nightmare for me to even think about. His safety and quality of life are paramount, and at the moment, he hasn't got the best sort of life that he is used to. I want better for him, he DESERVES better and although I love him to bits, I can no longer give him what he needs. Also, he is a very sensitive lad, I don't want to see the frightened look in his eyes when he looks at me. I have seen it 2 or 3 times already, and it rips me apart.
So my lad is going to have to go. His breeder is looking hard for a suitable home for him, but this is a difficult time to rehome any dog, regardless of the reasons. I am worried because Xmas is a VERY stressful time for me.......... ..far too many bad memories, and the more stressed I am, the more likely I am to have fits.
If anybody can come up with any suggestions, I would be so grateful. Connor needs to go to a very loving home, he is ok with bitches, but not males. He needs to be fed a raw diet and needs a good amount of exercise. He is great with kids........ ......... he is a wonderful boy and a very special young man.Under different circumstances, he would never leave my side.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Oh what a shame his owner sounds a lovely person putting his needs first. Hope he gets the smashing home he deserves.

Must be heart breaking for her
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2006, 10:42 AM
How heartbreaking. I do hope this lovely lady finds a suitable home for Connor, and some respite from her ghastly illness. Please send my hugs to her Moobli.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

11-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Such a sad thing to happen his owner seems a lovely person and she must be heartbroken at having to part with him eeven though she knows it is in his best interest, I hope sincerely that he finds the right home he deserves to be happy and his owner deserves to see him so, I really feel for them both.
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2006, 11:09 AM
What a shame, i really feel for her and the dog, shes doing the best for him though i hope he finds a new home soon.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Thanks everyone. I will pass your messages on.
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2006, 11:13 AM
Oh how sad..she must be heartbroken. I am just so sorry that I am not in a position to help at the moment..with having the pups or I would certainly have tried to. I will have a think on it as it sounds as if he may be better as possibly an only dog but in a family setting, as he sounds a lovely sensitive lad. Please let us know how they both (owner and dog) go on.

XX
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2006, 12:18 PM
oh my god thats terrible i hope she feels better soon and poor dog gets a new home
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2006, 06:13 AM
What an awful situation. I do hope that he finds a loving home as much as he has now.

Moobli, YES!!!! piccies Please
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2006, 07:06 AM
Oh the poor lady, how awful for her, but how very brave.
I really hope Connor finds a lovely new home.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >