View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bluesandtwos
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-10-2006, 07:52 AM
the reason me and a couple of fellow husky owners do so much travelling is to support the Breed classes. Partiularly with open shows, we often find a breed class is not provided and they come under 'AV working'.So when a designated breed class IS provided, we make the effort to support it and avoid losing it even if this does mean a long drive. As I say, If we can stay right through, we do. Its just unfortunate that we have had a couple of rescues being fostered here for the last 3 open shows that we don't want to leave alone at home for any longer than necessary. There has also been the small matter of shiftwork to consider and I have more than once this year attended a show having worked a 10 hour nightshift (crufts was one of them), then returned home to do another nightshift. thats the nature of the beast unfortunately. As I say, If I can stay though, I do.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

12-10-2006, 09:25 AM
In Borzois we do not have a lot of Breed Classes in Open shows and I would travel 3to 4 hrs if there was a breed class and also to keep the numbers up so we do not lose that class. I also feel the same as Deccy and Nursery, that you should stay for the group it is an insult to the judge who gave you BOB if you don't. Also I have been showing for about 16/17 years and have still not got that elusive cc. and my dogs all have lots of champions in their pedigrees, but it does not work like that. So like has already been said try not to be too disappointed B and T if you do not achieve this at LKA , but anyhow good luck and hope you do well.
Bluesandtwos
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-10-2006, 09:29 AM
still got to work at that CC, a girl I bred now has her junior warrent, so suppose technically my line has achieved a CC and will be represented at crufts, just need to keep striving for my own with the dogs I have at home.
dizzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-10-2006, 10:34 AM
A junior warrant is not quite the same thing as a CC , many dogs can win a junior warrant and never go on to ticket level

well done and good luck at crufts
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

12-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
A junior warrant is not quite the same thing as a CC , many dogs can win a junior warrant and never go on to ticket level

well done and good luck at crufts
I agree a Junior Warrant is not the same thing as a CC
Sorry but I have to say this is so true sometimes the young swan as it grows turns into the ugly duckling and does absolutely nothing as an adult in the ring.

Not trying to discourage you just trying to point out the facts that come from years of showing
Bluesandtwos
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-10-2006, 01:03 PM
dunno about that one, IMO, Huskies Seem to go from gangly six month olds who are all legs and ears to stunning adults. Yet to see one go the other way. they seem to improve with age. Know what you mean though, guess there are breeds that look great as pups then loose it as they grow
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Bluesandtwos View Post
dunno about that one, IMO, Huskies Seem to go from gangly six month olds who are all legs and ears to stunning adults. Yet to see one go the other way. they seem to improve with age. Know what you mean though, guess there are breeds that look great as pups then loose it as they grow
The thing is though not all Siberian Huskies are stunning. Same as not all Irish Setters are stunning, and not all American Cockers are stunning, and not all Borzois are stunning, and not all Shar Pei are stunning. It's rather naive of you to think it's that simple.

I feel you need to gain alot more experience of the dog show world, and you'll find that there is alot of heartbreak and disappointment along the way, and more losing than winning.

Dawn R.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Yes you do need to learn how to lose. I've had plenty of experience at that! When Deccy won the Group last weekend for the 3rd time in 4 shows, someone thought it was usual for me so why was I so delighted!
In nine years I only achieved ONE Group 3 and TWO Group 4's at Opens - so to win it was certainly a novelty! After the second group win, we went to a Champ show and came last!
It's a great leveller
I don't expect to ever get a UK CC, but simply to enjoy that golden moment when the judge comes towards me with the group rosette - even if some would scorn an Open show - well I think that will get me through the next 50 "failures" quite nicely!
Deccy enjoys it. I enjoy it. That's why we do it.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Forget to mention, overhead at a UK Champ show, in my breed, a person new to showing and the breed...

"I've been doing this for a year and a half now, it's about time I got a CC"

Hmmmmmmmmmm.
Fluffypawz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-11-2006, 11:56 PM
I'll be going to Crufts for the Siberians this year BluesandTwos, who's your Junior Warrant winner as I assume you'll be taking it? I'd like to see it show. I think they are a lovely breed if somewhat misunderstood at the minute in the UK.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >