View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2006, 08:16 PM
I have done 2 dog "shows" at local fetes... it was good fun, and Poppy lends herself to it rather well, prancing around like a diva Have to be honest and say that when Poppy got a first for prettiest bitch I was really really happy!! but I hid it well and accepted the Rosette and prize gracefully ...... Oh and the prize was ........ a £2 off dog food voucher.. On both occasions I was amazed at Poppys obedience and was more pleased with her behaviour than anything else!!

Rachel
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2006, 08:21 PM
yeah at dog training class Minnie trotted round like she was Top dog well she was the best there:smt002 I can handle Diva behaviour...she LOVES to show what a smarty pants she is.....
cayugawolf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-09-2006, 11:05 PM
We like to go to the local open shows with a dog or without! we had a work mate who showed her dogs , when we got ur first sibe she suggested it would be fun to show him, which we did, his kennel mate followed. We only went to open shows, the occasional breed club show. we still went to the breed shows to meet folks and have a bit of a natter. Now we have a new addition to the canine family, we intend to show her too, though she will be more of a problem than the boys were as she has "issues" presumably from her previous homes. By the way, the most prize money we ever wone was 30p!
Lynn
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
Bearing in mind the rules for this section - which I have just re-read - shouldn't this thread be moved to "discussions"?
After all, this section is for those actively interested and not for debate on why......or why not.
Just MHO.
If you feel that strongly about it, just report it to a Moderator. I'm sure they will happily move it for you.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

12-09-2006, 11:15 PM
Moved to the Discussions Section
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2006, 07:13 PM
No idea why this has been moved, it is not a discussion - people were asked why they show their dogs and were explaining why. Discussion, I think not.

One point though - people who show are the same as people who do anything - just people - some ignorant - some rude - some silly - but most just nice doggy people who love their breed and would do anything to help improve the breeds welfare and health.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

17-09-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Pita View Post
No idea why this has been moved, it is not a discussion - people were asked why they show their dogs and were explaining why. Discussion, I think not.
I noticed this post:

Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
Bearing in mind the rules for this section - which I have just re-read - shouldn't this thread be moved to "discussions"?
After all, this section is for those actively interested and not for debate on why......or why not.
Just MHO.
And thought it had become a 'debate' - which we like to keep out of the activity sections as they are meant to be for people who are positively interested in the topic/activity.

If the show people are happy for this to stay in the Show section we can move it back
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2006, 07:00 AM
I didnt think it was becoming a debate either - we were all just stating our different reasons...it'd be a bit boring if we all said the same
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2006, 09:05 AM
I know what lets have a debate about if its a debate
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2006, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by Pita View Post
I know what lets have a debate about if its a debate

ahhh but first we should have a debate about whether we should have a debate.....
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >