Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AlbionLass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-04-2006, 12:17 PM

Companion/Exemption dog shows

Does anyone know of any shows I could take Rosie to in the Derby area later this year? I've been to the Crossbreed and Mongrel Club site but there is nothing near me listed in the events diary.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 04:23 PM
It is not always easy to find Companion shows on a list as a lot are run for charity and the organisers just put out flyers in the area nearer the time, rather than pay for advertising. The places to look are at pet shops, vets, ring craft or dog clubs and the dog papers you can often find some a open shows too so if you know of a local show it may be worth going along and taking a look.

You mayfind this site useful
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 04:26 PM
There should be a few companion dog shows that take place in Leicestershire, don't know if that would be too far to travel.

Min xxxx
henryboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2006, 09:24 PM
hello - we have one on 1st July by the NEC west mids- please see post
AlbionLass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2006, 06:46 AM
Unfortunately I was hoping for a show more in my immediate area as I don't have my own transport. It will be a while before Rosie is old enough to enter anyway so I will look toward next year. We have training club to think about this year. It would be nice to take her to a show to get her used to the atmosphere though.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 07:05 AM
It is a bit early in the year for Companion Shows, most take place during the Summer months and you should look in pet shops, vets, and even super markets have a notice board where I have seen them advertised. Most ringcraft classes and clubs also have flyers for exemption shows in the area and at a ringcraft you may find a friend who could offer you a lift to shows just outside your area. Car sharing is not that unusual in showing circles.
henryboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-04-2006, 10:40 AM
Thanks Jackie - I will get on that.
We have a number of midland clubs that I have contacts for and the Midland English Setter Association have said they will pass the schedules round at their show for me and their club.
One of our judges writes for the dog press and she intends to put something in there too
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Yes agree with Thordell I have seen them in our local shops but they are not untill the Summer months
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 10:54 AM
Just to second the car sharing part, I don't drive but a group of three people(soon to be 14 dogs - 3 pups coming on the scene) all club togther - not only can we all split the cost and so do more but it's nice to have people to share the whole day with, nerves on the way and highs and lows on the way back
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by henryboy
Thanks Jackie - I will get on that.
We have a number of midland clubs that I have contacts for and the Midland English Setter Association have said they will pass the schedules round at their show for me and their club.
One of our judges writes for the dog press and she intends to put something in there too
Do you have Solughi crosses or have I misunderstood, with such a rare breed I am surprised to see there are some crosses around. What are they crossed with? Nice to see someone on the forum who has knowledge of the breed and may I say welcome to another hound owner.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >