View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 12:52 PM
i knew the flatcoat was going to take it he was such a happy dog and clearly enjoyed being there although i would have loved the gsd to have one
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 12:54 PM
I think he's fab...but I am aware I am HUGELY biased!!!

Kirsty, Jet was bred by Jim and his wife and was co owned with another gentleman, who sadly died about 7 years ago. Jet went to live with that man's son and his family, where he still lives. He does stay with Jim and his wife at times and Jim sees him every couple of weeks and does all the showing with him...so he does have a wonderful relationship with him. (That's all stuff that has been told to me by someone who knows them all really well). I think their relationship shines through. Everyone involved with Jet adores him.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I think he's fab...but I am aware I am HUGELY biased!!!

Kirsty, Jet was bred by Jim and his wife and was co owned with another gentleman, who sadly died about 7 years ago. Jet went to live with that man's son and his family, where he still lives. He does stay with Jim and his wife at times and Jim sees him every couple of weeks and does all the showing with him...so he does have a wonderful relationship with him. (That's all stuff that has been told to me by someone who knows them all really well). I think their relationship shines through. Everyone involved with Jet adores him.
He sounds a perfect boy Ailsa...looks and temperament, I thought he looked a real sweetie.

One thing I wondered about, do they have him at stud or is he too old now? I would imagine there will be people clambering all over them to use him, even before this win.

Clive is stil raving about flatcoats and he isn't a doggy person
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
He sounds a perfect boy Ailsa...looks and temperament, I thought he looked a real sweetie.

One thing I wondered about, do they have him at stud or is he too old now? I would imagine there will be people clambering all over them to use him, even before this win.

Clive is stil raving about flatcoats and he isn't a doggy person
I don't know if they use him at stud still, but I do know he has been used at stud. He has won so much!!! Fab dog
If you research his pedigree..I am sure it would be possible to source other dogs of the same sort of breeding.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 02:03 PM
I don't know if they use him at stud still, but I do know he has been used at stud. He has won so much!!! Fab dog
If you research his pedigree..I am sure it would be possible to source other dogs of the same sort of breeding.
Oh I can't have one...although when we move who knows, especially as Clive keeps mentioning Jet

I was just curious, when Penny won reserve best in show at Crufts with Henry's grandad, she withdrew him from public stud so wondered if others do the same.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 02:55 PM
I am still so chuffed...and have seen photos coming through from friends that have made me cry all over again, because it is clear that Jim and Jet have such an amazing relationship. What a happy dog!!! I can't use those photos, but thought I would put a link on to some. He is clearly a lovely dog in every way.
http://www.cam111.com/photonews/2011/03/14/83540.html
i absolutely love that dog! hes so gorgeous and happy, he deserved to win makes me want one even more
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Oh I can't have one...although when we move who knows, especially as Clive keeps mentioning Jet

I was just curious, when Penny won reserve best in show at Crufts with Henry's grandad, she withdrew him from public stud so wondered if others do the same.
Sheree - does this mean she used him herself only but not outside her breeding program - not a term I have heard before!
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Jet is a really beautiful dog and it was a good choice for the winner, I must say I picked the PBGV so cute
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 03:43 PM
So so glad he won, he looked so happy and at ease... (also glad about the reserve, cos I loved her from the hound group!! ) Jet really is a good ambassador of the breed!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Sheree - does this mean she used him herself only but not outside her breeding program - not a term I have heard before!
Yes Rach, when you look at her website she shows Henry's dad, (Colours litter brother), and various others at stud. I was told that she was using him only on her own bitches...he had been used widely before the big win, and I have noticed that a lot of people have started using Hen's dad again, the brothers are getting on a bit now and people seemed to veer away to another big breeder, but seem to be making their way back to Penny's dogs again now.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >