Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-02-2007, 05:59 PM

More Labrador Lunacy.......

It was a trip to the forest today with Bailey and Benson. Dad has been dayshift last two days so we were raring to go. Took a while to get organised with picking up the two chocolates from their house, so by the time we eventually got to the forest Charlie and I were really excited. But then Dad made us wait until some people had past with some young kids before we could get going. Dad said we'd probably knock the little ones down in the rush to get going.....

When we did eventually get going we wasted no time in having some rough play with Bailey and Benson. We've not seen them for a while so it was good to have some fun with them. I seemed to be the target for some good rough and tumble first as Charlie and Benson double teamed me... Well they can't manage one on one so they gang up... softies.....

Soon we were at the muddy pond. Can't figure out why, but Dad always lets out a moan when we go there... We had great fun though, splashing around in the dirty water. It was nice and cool too after all the running around and play fighting we'd done.

After that we headed up over the hill. It's a great walk and it was a nice day for it. Surprisingly we never met any other dogs on the hill. But as we came down we bumped into a lady with two Springer Spaniels. We said hello then went on our way. To be honest we had enough playing to do of our own so we had no trouble coming when Dad called. The trouble came though when we got down off the hill.

Suddenly there was no sign of Dad and Charlie. Claire and Darren called out but couldn't here or see them. We were really worried and went off to look for them. Bailey, Benson and I looked everywhere. Eventually we got to a small cave in some rocks. We picked up a scent there and began searching....

Just as we thought, they were hiding inside the cave... oh grow up Dad... your not funny.

By this time, we were really tired having walked for almost two hours. We strolled along the last half mile or so then back to the car. Bailey and Benson cried when they had to leave us, but funnily enough the crying stopped when Dad offered them a treat hmmmm crocodile tears anyone?

Back home now and looking forward to tomorrow when Tikaani comes to visit..........
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Sounds like a good time, Some great pics there.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Cheers mate... and some Muddy dogs too...Ex (who owns the chocs) called just as I was finishing the walk and said "I hope the dogs are not in a mess, I only bathed them yesterday" to which I replied "course not" hahaha
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-02-2007, 07:08 PM
But a muddy dog is a dog who has had some fun on it's walk - my dog is a mud magnet too and now I don't even bother trying to avoid it as he will find it whatever.
There is nothing more loving than a muddy dog
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Fantastic day out lads. I love the one of you all in the muddy pond all 3 colours holding a stick.
Typically all wanting the same one, can see Jake got in the middle having the best advantage. Clever wee lad!
Tikaani is in bed charging his batteries for tomorrow. See you lads tomorrow.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Great pics. Ian - Reminds me so much of our labrador Ria. She used to do exactly what yours are doing. Ah, the smell of 'wet dog'
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2007, 10:28 PM
What great pics looks like they all had a fab time xx
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2007, 10:38 PM
OMG Ian, they have grown so much!!! I knew I hadn't been able to come on here for a while, and to expect them to have grown a little more, but that was a huge shock. It certainly looks like they have had yet another wonderful time (I feel so jealous and want to be a dog in my next life).
Great Pics too
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2007, 10:38 PM
Great pics, looks like Jake is getting bullied in one of those lol. I bet you loved cleaning them when you got home
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Thanks all.... they were a bit mucky ... as usual
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >