View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:35 AM
It is conjecture about where she was sitting and who was doing what. The dog should still not have been that close to her. What she did was wrong, what the owner of the dog did was also wrong. That was my point.

Some of the posts on this thread are anti
Muslim happy now?

I totally agree with kerriebaby

'let he who is without sin cast the first stone'
'people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones' etc
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-05-2011, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
Im sorry, Animal Lovers? If that is the case then why do we need so many animal charities? why do we have dogs being set alight? Starved? used for fighting?
But this nation isnt what some think it is..animal lovers? Nope.

I agree two wrongs do not make a right, however, can we preach about what others two when our home is a mess!?
But we are talking about "our home" , we are talking about how meat is slaughterer here in the UK.

Animal lovers and animal for the food chain, are two different subjects.

Many animal lovers buy cheap cuts of meat, as will many animal haters buy organic.

As for us being animal lovers country, well compared to the rest of the world, we are way up at the top of the tree.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
But we are talking about "our home" , we are talking about how meat is slaughterer here in the UK.

Animal lovers and animal for the food chain, are two different subjects.

Many animal lovers buy cheap cuts of meat, as will many animal haters buy organic.

As for us being animal lovers country, well compared to the rest of the world, we are way up at the top of the tree.

is our slaughter any better than that of other countries? go on youtube, and I think you will find not!

I agree animal lovers and food chain are not the same (in some eyes) for that very reason the laws that protect cats and dogs, sadly do not extent to farm animals.

Are we really better than anywhere else?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

10-05-2011, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
It is conjecture about where she wad sitting and who was doing what. The dog should still not have been that close to her. What she did was wrong, what the owner of the dog did was also wrong. That was my point.Some of the posts on this thread are anti
Muslim happy now?

'people on glass houses shouldn't throw stones' etc
The woman in question, being a counselor was solely to blame, she new who the meeting was with, she should have excused herself from said meeting if she had such an aversion to dogs..........

Anti Muslim, I really cant see why you are saying this, no one has expressed any "racist" but I guess thats the way we are going criticize something about a religion, culture and you are branded a "racist!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Just to point out that many organic animals are slaughtered in exactly the same way (and at the same abbatoir) as non-organic animals.... many of the smaller slaughterhouses are closing down; so mnay animals are having to be transported further to larger 'chain' type slaughterhouses...

Now where do we get our pigs slaughtered? (link)

It doesn't matter how you slaughter something - you will still get blood and gore, after-death movement etc.

Did anyone ever watch the 'Kill It, Cook It, Eat It" series that was about farm animals and fast food?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:46 AM
I think you need to reread the thread...
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:47 AM
I also think the man should, who had been trained with his dog, should have had better control of it.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

10-05-2011, 08:51 AM
is our slaughter any better than that of other countries? go on youtube, and I think you will find not!

I agree animal lovers and food chain are not the same (in some eyes) for that very reason the laws that protect cats and dogs, sadly do not extent to farm animals.

Are we really better than anywhere else?
in many aspects yes our "animal slaughter " is...

As more and more people become and demand "ethical rearing and slaughter, reducing the battery , force fed , way some animals are reared,

My point is , as we live in the UK, ALL animals should have the same level of care in slaughter, and as the laws get tighter and hopefully change , it MUST include ALL slaughter...NOT just some!!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
It is conjecture about where she was sitting and who was doing what. The dog should still not have been that close to her. What she did was wrong, what the owner of the dog did was also wrong. That was my point.

Some of the posts on this thread are anti
Muslim happy now?

'people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones' etc
You are not making sense by your statement. This is how racism is fired, intensified & exacerbated.

People are expressing an opinion. If the thread annoys you
so much, why bother with it

A working dog is first & foremost - working. The person in question could be any race or culture, she didnt have to kick the dog. Simple!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

10-05-2011, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Just to point out that many organic animals are slaughtered in exactly the same way (and at the same abbatoir) as non-organic animals.... many of the smaller slaughterhouses are closing down; so mnay animals are having to be transported further to larger 'chain' type slaughterhouses...

Now where do we get our pigs slaughtered? (link)

It doesn't matter how you slaughter something - you will still get blood and gore, after-death movement etc.Did anyone ever watch the 'Kill It, Cook It, Eat It" series that was about farm animals and fast food?
I think it matter a great deal how you slaughter an animal, ofcause you are goign to get blood guts and gore, after movements.... but the main priority should be the animal is dead..and killed quickly or stunned before death.

To allow something to bleed to death, is not something I consider acceptable!
Page 12 of 41 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 > Last »