Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-11-2006, 07:02 PM

Firework legislation

After reading all the posts regarding dogs who are terrified of fireworks I decided to look at how fireworks are regulated.

The following link is for the current legislation but I can't get it to work direct from this post so you will have to cut and paste it into your browser address bar.

www.esfrs.org/about_us/FOI%20pdfs/Prevention/1Community/fireworks_legislation.pdf"

It is fairly interesting reading but some of it IMHO still needs to be regulated futher.

What do you think?
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2006, 07:12 PM
I can't seem to open any thing on that link, just says object not be found?
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
I can't seem to open any thing on that link, just says object not be found?
Click on the link given on that page, then search for Firework Legislation.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Try this one!

http://www.dti.gov.uk/fireworks/law.htm

I knew the law had been changed to prohibit them being set off after 11.00pm (except new years eve/nov 5th),but this part needs to be better advertised cause the numpies were still setting them off at 12.45am last night.

Still think they should be banned all together and only be made available to licenced displays and only set off 2 days before/after 5th Nov.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Try this one!

I knew the law had been changed to prohibit them being set off after 11.00pm (except new years eve/nov 5th),but this part needs to be better advertised cause the numpies were still setting them off at 12.45am last night.

Still think they should be banned all together and only be made available to licenced displays and only set off 2 days before/after 5th Nov.
here here ..................
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Try this one!

Completely agree,we still have them going off here
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-11-2006, 08:53 PM
I thought the bit about Local Authorities requesting details from suppliers of anyone who buys 50kg (explosive power) or more of fireworks was quite worrying as I would have thought 49kg of explosive material would be more than capable of blowing up a house!

The bit about not causing distress to animals was vague as well because the bangs definitely cause our dog to be distressed but as it has to be reported to either the police or RSPCA they are obviously only talking physical harm as I don't think the police would be interested in me ringing them up and telling them my dog was in a blind panic due to the loud fireworks.

I also think 120 decibels is too loud for fireworks - pretty colours in the sky are ok but explosions that rattle your windows are not IMO.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2006, 09:47 PM
A shop few miles away 2 years back was fined heavily because he had exceeded his allowance of fireworks by 4 tons!!!

He was licenced to keep in stock something like 500kgs (1/2 ton),but when he was raided-they discovered a whole lot more.They then searched a farm building which was owned by him and found another 2-3 tons which wasnt even supposed to be stored there.

Another reason perhaps for only licenced (and competent) people perhaps to handle them..?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2006, 09:53 PM
I couldn't agree more.
Maybe we all need to start lobbying MP's and councils?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Totally agree........if only
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >