Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2013, 05:28 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Saturday

Morning Everyone,

Its going to be a very hot one today so make sure you slap on that suncream and keep those doggys cool.

Lily and I are working from 7 this morning till 7 tonight at a big agricultural show, on the greyhound homer stand promoting greyhounds as pets. I am actually dreading it as its going to be so hard to keep Lily cool, but I am taking a wet towel with me to put on her if she starts to get too hot and plenty of water to drink.

Lynn I think if I remember rightly you are driving round house hunting today. Good luck, I hope you find something.

H, hope you and dave have a nice weekend together.

Everyone else whatever your plans have fun and enjoy that sun.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-07-2013, 05:45 AM
Morning Bev. You and Lily take care too at your marathon job today and in all that heat. Maybe a wet towel for yourself would also be in order.
Have fun hope generate lots of new homes for the Greyhounds.

Yes we are house hunting today Dillon is fed and now resting before his walk and then we will get back make a flask get him settled then off for a marathon house hunt. Again.

Take care everyone and have a lovely Saturday.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2013, 06:15 AM
Morning Bev, Lynn and everyone

Try and stay cool out there today Bev cos it's really going to be a hot one at 32 deg down here, which is not so good to be out in is it. I don't know whether you've put your wedding pics up yet, but I'm dying to see them, so I'll check that out in a min.

Lynn, good luck with the house hunting today, don't envy you, but sometimes, it's actually cooler to be in a car with the wind blowing through the windows than it is being stuck indoors. Hope Dillon behaves when you get home, I'm sure he's well used to you being out now.

Dave's taking Zena out for me whilst I head up to the van to do the change-over cos one is already done and the other one I know they left last night cos they didn't want to travel in all the heat and the traffic today. Everyone will be heading for the coasts somewhere won't they, the roads will be chokablock. I've decided to leave a few windows open in both vans, it's very safe up there, and it'll be much better for my guests, those vans can get quite stuffy and hot, bit like a baked bean can aren't they

Once that's done, it's back home in the cool for me, I can get all the washing done, but I sure won't be going out, I hate it when it gets into the 30's.

Stay cool everyone and enjoy your week-end
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2013, 06:26 AM
Morning Madmare and fellow members,

Well done Bev for coming in first and starting the 'welcome thread' ..... I hope your and Lily's day goes well and you both manage to keep cool. I met my friend (with the greys) the other day for a walk and they really are the most gentle sweet breed of dog

Lynn - You really deserve to find your 'dream' home today. Enjoy your Dillon walk this morning before heading off.

Helena - Very wise to go off early to do the van and avoid all the tourists heading for the beaches. Take care and keep cool.

There is not a breath of wind at the moment which is disappointing ..... I think the 31 degrees they've forecast for the SE could be stifling if a breeze doesn't pick up We are out at a party this evening at 6 'til late (5 doors away) and I'm going to keep coming home. I've spoken to our direct neighbours and have l've decided to keep our back doors wide open to keep some air circulating and let the dogs at least have access to the balcony.

I hope you and your dogs are all free from aches and pains this morning. Enjoy your day.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-07-2013, 07:29 AM

Bev - good luck with the greyhound homer stand - I hope both you and Lily can keep as cool as possible.

Lynn - good luck to you with the house-hunting. Your dream home is out there somewhere so fingers crossed you find it soon - hopefully today! Tell Dillon from me to please behave himself when you get back!

Nechda - I hope the new guests are not like that horrid last lot - they were in the smaller van IIRC. Do you and Dave never have a quiet weekend together doing absolutely nothing? You always seem to be on the go and poor Dave having to remodel your home on his weekends free...

Jenny.g - quite the party girl! I hope you have a good time this evening and that Rucksack and Flash are OK while you are out.

- Xanadu is on charge so I am on my manual chair and oh do I miss Xanadu's special seat cushion and special back. Chair has his own special cushion and a good back one but they are not as good or as forgiving and my situpon and lower back are rather black and purple, so it is going to be an ouchy few hours. I know I could leave Xanadu plugged in overnight as the charger automatically switches off when his batteries are full, but I do not like the idea of leaving any of them on charge overnight, just in case...

Have a lovely Saturday everyone and try to keep cool!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2013, 07:33 AM
Good Morning everyone, going to be a real hot day at up to 32c that's 90f in old currency. lol.

Bev. Good luck with your Greyhound stand today, do hope you manage to keep Lily cool.

Lynn, Good luck with the home hunting hope you find your dream home.

Jenny. do be careful leaving the house open even with the dogs there. Crime is up with everyone leaving their homes insecure. It only takes a minute.

Helena, Have a lovely weekend with Dave. I hope you manage to keep cool.

Malka, hope you and Pereg had a good night.

Hello to anyone who has posted while I have been typing. Have a good day all. God bless.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2013, 07:38 AM
Morning everyone
Hope what ever you are all doing goes well and you manage to keep cool.
we had a fab day at my son's graduation on Thursday.I have never been so proud and cannot believe its been 4 years since we sent him off with me crying like a baby ! Today its back to normal, we've got a sky tv repair man coming. I wont take Rosie out till late tonight as she dont lije the heat.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2013, 08:09 AM
Morning

I hate Windows8 I wrote a long missive and then it went
Sorry girls I'm not doing it again!
I hope you all have a good day....stay cool.
Hugs to you all.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Already in the 20's here, fed everyone early and their umbrella is up, give it another hour and will take Keshi and Mabs off into the woods where it is cool, then Cariad and Lona can go on the rive for a swim, tomorrow I'll do it the other way round.
Lynn, do you remember the house on the cliff, well here is what it went for
http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/the...101040780.html
Best of luck today with the house hunting. Was in my son's car yesterday and he wouldn't let me open the windows because he said the air conditioning wouldn't work, so had to wait for it to kick in and the car to get cool. When I've got the air con on in my car I have windows, sunroof everything open!!!!
Best of luck at the greyhound homer today Bev and hope you find some lovely homes and Lily doesn't get too hot and bothered. Very nice to see you starting the thread off as well
Hope the change over goes well Helena, but like you say one van is done, the other people left last night so you can get stuck right in there.
Please take care of yourself today Malka and no more falls, sounds like Pereg is doing well now after the scare she gave us all last week.
MandyUK I bet you cried like a baby all over again at the graduation ceremony, it is a very Proud Mother moment and why not
You are getting to be a real Party Girl Jenny, will you have to keep your shoes on though
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Lynn, do you remember the house on the cliff, well here is what it went for
http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/the...101040780.html
:
Hi June I put this in yesterdays thread, isn't it sad such a beautiful house too.

My day isn't getting any better. Everything I touch, I drop or knock over
I've made 2 lemon meringue pies for tomorrow and the meringue refused to peak and now the lemon filling is dribbling out around the edges. I am going to blame it on the heat
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »