Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2009, 09:10 AM

Just a tip for teething puppies

I learned a really good tip the other night at my puppy party for teething puppies. Get one of those tug ropes, soak it and put it in the freezer. They love to chew and suck on it and it numbs their gums and eases the pain.Zena loves hers until she's sucked it to death
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-01-2009, 09:17 AM
I learned a really good tip the other night at my puppy party for teething puppies. Get one of those tug ropes, soak it and put it in the freezer. They love to chew and suck on it and it numbs their gums and eases the pain.Zena loves hers until she's sucked it to death
If you don't have a rope tug an old knotted tea towel works just as well, also frozen carrots .
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

31-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Yeah we were told about Frozen Carrots too and they work great.

x x x x
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2009, 11:10 AM
We did the wet frozen tea towel..( we don't "do" tug ropes) and frozen carrots..we also did fishy ice cubes..(water mixed with tuna or pilchards etc and put in ice cube trays)
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
We did the wet frozen tea towel..( we don't "do" tug ropes) and frozen carrots..we also did fishy ice cubes..(water mixed with tuna or pilchards etc and put in ice cube trays)
o fishy ice cubes...do normal ones but hadn't thought of fishy ones. Good idea...
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
o fishy ice cubes...do normal ones but hadn't thought of fishy ones. Good idea...
LOL..when you have (sorry had) a Samoyed with lots of coat that suffers in the summer you learn fast...Seiko wouldn't eat normal ice cubes..the fish helped him change his mind..

Better to use mackerel or pilchards in tomato sauce..or tuna in brine.. or anything really..we once made some with left over beef casserole..they went down very well..
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2009, 12:35 PM
I bet they did!!!!!!!!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2009, 03:16 PM
I have used a frozen tuggy rope for all my pups It works a treat. Also rubbing a little bonjela on gums helps
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Our pups have always used Biff's collar...I can hire him out if people are interested?!!!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 10:52 PM
Great tips - just what we need. Tilly has been bitey crazy today & really moody! - had a look in her mouth earlier & 2 new teeth have just come through & another 2 just about to. maybe that's why she's been like this (as well as peeing indoors all day- which is very unlike her, although it's been heavy rain)
Just rubbed some bonjela on & she's gone straight to bed.
Gonna try the tea towel thing tommorrow, we don't have a rope. Got a massive bath towel though lol!!