Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chickadeedeedee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-12-2005, 01:29 AM

Bosco / GSD Chemotherapy Update :-)

Hi everyone.

We have three more Monday IV chemotherapy treatments for Bosco. His three pound cancerous spleen was removed at the end of this September.

He is doing fabulously with his treatments. He has vomited rarely but I think it was either because he drank his water too quickly or more recently because he saw I was upset that my husband was very ill.

He has gained four pounds while getting his treatments. Bosco's blood work continues to be so good that even his oncologist is surprised! There is no anemia and no injury to his liver or kidneys from the treatments.

Initially I was to take x-rays of his lungs two months after the treatments are done to check if there is any sign of cancerous spread. (The lungs would be the first place where new growth could be detected.) The oncologist told me that I can take the x-rays in three months, rather than the two.

~~~Why?~~~ I asked.

The oncologist said that " Bosco is fine. He doesn't have anything bad going on. We can wait!"

WOW!! That is the first time he has been brave enough and sure enough to say that he feels there is no spread of the cancer. I must have been VERY lucky and caught it quickly before it spread.

BTW ... My avatar is my little( 111 pound) Bosco. I already warned Bosco that after the chemotherapy is done it will be time for him to go on a diet and get back to his usual 105 pounds.

Chick-a-happy-DDD
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-12-2005, 01:40 AM
The good news continues - that is excellent

Are you not tempted to do the x-rays at 2 months anyway, just in case? I think that I would not be able to resist making absolutely sure asap.

Sorry to hear that your husband has been unwell. I do hope that he is better now.

Good wishes to him, to Bosco, and of course to you
Chickadeedeedee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-12-2005, 02:01 AM
Hi Shadowboxer.

"...... Are you not tempted to do the x-rays at 2 months anyway, just in case? I think that I would not be able to resist making absolutely sure asap....."

I ~~almost~ took x-rays last week just to see. But I didn't.

Oh for sure I will be taking x-rays of Bosco's lungs the first week of January! If I waited for three months I will have chewed my finger nails down to the knuckles by then and given myself more of an ulcer that I have already.

Thanks also for the good thoughts for my husband. He has influenza and pneumonia since Saturday. He is much better today but I know it will take some time for him to fully recover. I am anxiously awaiting to get his flu soon. He is a very giving and generous man and likes to share.

Having a husband and pets is soooooooooo relaxing sometimes.

Thanks again.

Chick-a-DDD
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2005, 07:02 AM
Great news about Bosco, and your OH getting better too. It's true, blokes do like to share their diseases - bless 'em - I always "try" to keep mine at arms length when he's got something grotty, in fact I try to keep him at arms length most of the time!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-12-2005, 07:04 AM
Glad to hear Bosco is doing well,and best wishes to your OH.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

07-12-2005, 07:41 AM
Thats excellent news C/D And about your OH being on the mend too
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-12-2005, 10:16 AM
Hi CD3 good to hear from you...that's great news about Bosco

Give the husband lots of garlic for his flu! Hope he is better soon.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki
Great news about Bosco, and your OH getting better too. It's true, blokes do like to share their diseases - bless 'em - I always "try" to keep mine at arms length when he's got something grotty, in fact I try to keep him at arms length most of the time!

:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2005, 10:22 AM
Hi C3D,

Glad Bosco is improving all the time - he's a gorgeous lad. Leave those nails alone woman - you have chewed them all off once before this year already Hope Mike is feeling a bit better today - he is such a good man and he has had such a rough year I bet you will be glad to see the back of this year with one thing and another. Hope you got all your shopping done the other day and that the snow and cold isn't giving you too many problems.
Chickadeedeedee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-12-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki
:smt005 :smt044 :smt043 :smt005 :smt044 :smt043 :smt005 :smt044 :smt043

~~~~~~~Mike's arms are longer than mine! ~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Vicki for the kind thoughts!

C3D
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >