Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Both sound nice, but as Steph is staying in Jeburgh, I wanted to keep the walk the south side of the forth.

As Lionhound says, they are only in one area of the park. But taking out that part of the park, the area to walk isn't that big really.

I'm starting to favour Blackness.

The path through the woods is quite wide making it easier for people to walk together and the trees are fairly well spaced so that the dogs don't have to stay on the path. Also, the few times I've been, you do meet a few people, but nowhere near as many as the other walks.

There's a small burn in an open area for the dogs to drink/play from (and if the weather is nice for us to sit and sunbathe for awhile ).

Its not a circular walk so you have to turn back on yourself at some point, but that also means that we can make it as long or as short as we like.

If only someone would buy and open the pub in the village before 11th July, it would be absolutely perfect
I havent been to Blackness for years to do the walk, however agree its a good walk. take a few flasks of your given poison and that would be ok !! LOL
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 07:45 AM
in fact can you not do a round trip from Hopetoun House to Blackness ? There is a cafe inside Hopetoun House i think, although you wouldnt be able to get a drink drink iyswim....
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Well I'm not sure that many would be interested in a drink drink (I do see what you mean ) as most will be driving anyway. It was just an idea to get somewhere where we could all sit down and relax for a bit after the walk.

But to be honest, if there is quite a big turn out, I doubt anywhere is going to let us in with all the dogs (and possibly even without them ).

So I think your idea of 'bring your own' might be best and we can just find somewhere to sit and enjoy it. Just hope that it is not p*ssing down with rain.

Unless someone has done the roundtrip from Hopeton House to Blackness recently, I think we might be better sticking to a walk that at least one person knows.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Well I'm not sure that many would be interested in a drink drink (I do see what you mean ) as most will be driving anyway. It was just an idea to get somewhere where we could all sit down and relax for a bit after the walk.

But to be honest, if there is quite a big turn out, I doubt anywhere is going to let us in with all the dogs (and possibly even without them ).

So I think your idea of 'bring your own' might be best and we can just find somewhere to sit and enjoy it. Just hope that it is not p*ssing down with rain.

Unless someone has done the roundtrip from Hopeton House to Blackness recently, I think we might be better sticking to a walk that at least one person knows.
you are right there I think we would be challenging to most establishments ( me alone with bruno is usuallly enough of a challenge!! )

I am happy to do Blackness as it shouldnt be overly busy. I have walked in Hopetoun Estate but cant think where the connection is to Blackness to be honest... will ask my friend though as she stays in Queensferry. Do you walk it from Blackness towards Boness or do you go towards Hopetoun when you do it?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 08:22 AM
Blackness is fine with us....that was where we missed last year, so will be nice to do it xxxxx
skilaki
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 08:43 AM
Never been to blackness, so somewhere new would be fine for me too!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Sounds good.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 08:56 AM
Is it in Linlithgow?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran